2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: NOW IS THE TIME TO HOLD YOUR SENG!!!

NOW IS THE TIME TO HOLD YOUR SENG!!! 9 years 6 months ago #32099

I restarted this thread for K_duce since the recent deletion of all the rif raf of last night.

K_duce,
Sorry bud.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:NOW IS THE TIME TO HOLD YOUR SENG!!! 9 years 6 months ago #32101

Well I'm still holding mine K_duce. Of course who in their right mind sells in Sept. except in a extreme circumstance. ( Well that is who in their right mind sells in Sept. except other than every other guy around here with their digger in 1 hand and a meth pipe in the other, they always sell as they go all summer long)
Paul

Re:NOW IS THE TIME TO HOLD YOUR SENG!!! 9 years 6 months ago #32105

Poaching ginseng to buy meth, wow that's a new one on me. I didn't know meth heads had that much motivation. I thought they just robbed convenient marts..:lol:

Re:NOW IS THE TIME TO HOLD YOUR SENG!!! 9 years 6 months ago #32225

I'm not referring to this season specifically, but rather the future of selling seng, whether 5, 10, or 20 years I cannot say. In my opinion I think that we are near he heyday of ginseng selling at high prices, and that different factors are going to begin to contribute to causing the value of it to lesson over time. It's like whaling for oil to put in oil lamps in the 1800's, it was a big $ business at one time, but it came and went. I think ginseng will always hold a value that a digger can make a little money, but I don't believe it will hold enough value for someone to earn 3-6 months wages by digging for 4 weeks. I expect within 15 years that dried seng will be selling at $250 per pound, maybe less.

I hope I'm wrong, and I'm carrying forth with my ginseng growing beds expecting that the value will hit 3k per pound. But I'm not getting my hopes up.

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds

Who's Online

We have 715 guests and no members online

Login