2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: What is a fair price?

What is a fair price? 9 years 6 months ago #31076

What do you guys think is a descent price per .lb of average roots of ginseng?
Just curious. Your honest opinion please.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:What is a fair price? 9 years 6 months ago #31077

Good question rootman. I sell my average to a guy at 370/lb wet. Im very happy with that. I make more on larger roots of course. But when you look at ebay and see prices at 500 or so /lb I feel like I lost money..most of that illegal selling but wish I always made more. Heck I buy from close friends at 300 and im happy with the 70 profit.So, I guess to answerbyour question 370 makes me happy...Most of the time:)

Re:What is a fair price? 9 years 6 months ago #31078

Good question rootman. I sell my average to a guy at 370/lb wet. Im very happy with that. I make more on larger roots of course. But when you look at ebay and see prices at 500 or so /lb I feel like I lost money..most of that illegal selling but wish I always made more. Heck I buy from close friends at 300 and im happy with the 70 profit.So, I guess to answerbyour question 370 makes me happy...Most of the time:)

Re:What is a fair price? 9 years 6 months ago #31080

what about dry price?

Re:What is a fair price? 9 years 6 months ago #31118

up north here it looks like we will be paying 1,200- 1,500 this yr. is going to best by far! i am telling all who dont need the money to hang on to it for 3-5- yrs IF YOU CAN of course.....many don't know whats coming but things sure will be changing!!

Re:What is a fair price? 9 years 6 months ago #31122

id say about a dollar a briar scratch ,twenty for each stinging worm or pack saddle , a 100 for each snake ,a little for gas and food , some for the muscle pain and falls,a little bit for the stinging nettles ,some for the blisters,some more for ware on vehicle and replacement tires, and last but not least a few dollars for the wife and kids for putting up with me .now add all this up then tell me what would be a fair price. sorry couldnt resist seriously 1200 a pound or more would make me happy

Re:What is a fair price? 9 years 6 months ago #31123

I just want \"TOP DOLLAR\"...everybody pays it, although nobody speaks it, so i guess just give me todays price today, then after you all figure out what top dollar ended up being at the end of the year send me the rest of my damn money.....

or about 1200lb

Re:What is a fair price? 9 years 6 months ago #31144

once again its the same old story dealers will lowball the new people and people who rush to sell.i do not buy the same story we have all heard in the past that they paid to much last year and China has a large surplus of held over ginseng. hold on for a month u will see that they are lowballing

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds

Who's Online

We have 157 guests and no members online

Login