2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Interesting site for ginseng prices

Interesting site for ginseng prices 10 years 4 months ago #26694

I do not know these folks. Just thought it was an interesting site pertaining to the price of different seng quality and age and shows info on drying seng properly.
Thanks,
Latt

sites.google.com/site/highpricespaidforginseng/home

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Interesting site for ginseng prices 10 years 4 months ago #26695

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Thanks Latt that was interesting I like there basic rule of 10+ years or more. Wish the States woud pass that as a law all together but at this time that cuts out 35 0/0 of all wild ginseng dug from 5-9 in my experience if not a higher 0/0 than that in all that's dug, and every dealer can and would pay more if there is nothing under 10 years in the entire lot and nothing damaged or broking at all.

Enjoyed that

Billy.

Re:Interesting site for ginseng prices 10 years 4 months ago #26696

aka- Ginseng Co. Tian Hui USA

another major player in the game not wanting to be identified? ooopps....

Re:Interesting site for ginseng prices 10 years 4 months ago #26704

Interesting how the person claims to be from PA, but writes like someone from China with a poor command of English.

Re:Interesting site for ginseng prices 10 years 4 months ago #26705

Billy,
I like what you said.

K_duce and Ittiz. Regardless of where the owner is from, I think this site is informative. I looked it up and the owners name is Asian, but I really do not see the problem. I do not know these folks, but whats wrong with starting a business in PA as long as they treat people fairly.
Latt

Re:Interesting site for ginseng prices 10 years 4 months ago #26706

Latt and others,
sorry for the mis-understanding, i was making reference to a conversation we had talked about a couple of years ago, about learning who the major dealers were, secondary dealers...His website leaves me to believe that he is further up the distribution chain. I was not making any reference to his nationality. I did find the site informative and I think hs prices are more in line with someone who is further up the chain. On his site he talks about shipping and the quantity he was using was 30LBs, it was my assumption that maybe he was buying from lower level or first line dealers.
K_duce

Re:Interesting site for ginseng prices 10 years 4 months ago #26708

Wasn't implying anything negative about the person based on them being Chinese or anything. I'm a stickler for honesty and in my perusing of Chinese Ginseng web pages I notice many of them implied they were from the US, but in actually they weren't. Dishonest business practices really annoy me.

Anyway the site is quite informative. I think it's interesting that he pays less money for wild simulated than wild considering he says later that wild-simulated is indistinguishable. I mean if you think about it what's the difference between wild and wild-simulated? Almost certainly most of the wild ginseng out there today was actually planted by a person while harvesting ginseng near by. So wild-simulated is the same as wild even in that respect. So if you think about it wild and wild-simulated are the same thing. Assuming the person who planted doesn't take extra measures like pesticides and fertilizer anyway.

I've looked at a lot of Chinese literature on American Ginseng and to them there are two types: cultivated and wild. So I think those dealers are making a killing selling the wild simulated as wild, yet at the same time paying half the price for it.

Re:Interesting site for ginseng prices 10 years 4 months ago #26709

OK thanks fellas. That makes sense.
Latt

Re:Interesting site for ginseng prices 9 years 9 months ago #29025

Great link, thanks. I don't see the market for seng going away any time soon with the rise of Asia.

Re:Interesting site for ginseng prices 9 years 8 months ago #29452

I also believe that the website is very informative and can help some amatuers learn how to dig, clean, dry and store their' Ginseng! I also like the fact that they give all of us Diggers a market for the Ginseng tops and stems that in years past, we had trouble selling them or could not sell them at all. This has long been a thorn in my' side due to the fact many Dealers used to purchase tops and stems from the Diggers but for some reason the market dried up and the Dealers quit buying them. It could have been due to Diggers not drying the tops and stems correctly and the Exporters were unable to sell them after paying good money for them. Whatever the reason was, I am glad that myself and other Diggers may now have a market where we can sell the tops and stems!

I also don't have anything against anyone starting a business in PA or elsewhere but if my suspicions are correct, I do have a problem with this Buyer and any person or business that are like this Buyer! My suspicions are that this Buyer is actually a Chinese Exporter and probably an Importer or at least works directly for an Importer. If this is correct, then the Chinese are trying to take out the Middle-Men in the buying and selling of North American Ginseng. In other words, if I am correct, then they are trying to do away with the Ginseng Dealers within PA and possibly elsewhere in North America and purchase directly from the Diggers. This puts more money in their' pockets and can actually spell the extinction of Ginseng Buyers/Dealers and could eventually lead to much lower prices for the Ginseng that we work so hard to dig, grow and caretake. You can't have one or possibly two or even just three entities controlling the whole market for North American Ginseng here.

Although I have not been on Wildgrown for some time due to family issues and taking care of my' small business and other interests, as you can see, I am back with a Bang! LOL!!

Frank

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds

Who's Online

We have 520 guests and no members online

Login