2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Dedication

Dedication 10 years 5 months ago #25475

I just want to know are there any diggers that hunt like i do everday of season rain or shine until the last one falls . been at it forty days in arow some good some bad couldnt say how many miles ive walked but lost 25 pounds and woreout two pairs boots . mad it 71 days one season back when it still started 15th august . so tired my wife says i act like a nut i dig and walk in my sleep she says good life

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Dedication 10 years 5 months ago #25489

I hunt rain or shine after work and sometimes whil im at work.i did like you did a couple of years when I didn't have any work but it takes the enjoyment out off it after a while.i remember digging when it didn't bring as much money and we done it moore for the sport of it or something to do.my wife says I go to much sometimes but she likes the greenbacks.

Re:Dedication 10 years 5 months ago #25504

your right doing it for a living does take the fun out of it . the hard part for me is readjusting after its done i cant sit still for at lest a week feel like im going crasie then i start grouse hunting feel a lot beeter

Re:Dedication 10 years 5 months ago #25508

The withdraw is kinda rough!!

Re:Dedication 10 years 5 months ago #25509

Lucky for me bow season always opens on Oct 15th, so the transition away from digging is pretty easy. But I always keep a large screwdriver in my hunting pack just in case I walk up on some. :)

Re:Dedication 10 years 5 months ago #25527

Leebros! wrote:

your right doing it for a living does take the fun out of it . the hard part for me is readjusting after its done i cant sit still for at lest a week feel like im going crasie then i start grouse hunting feel a lot beeter

Leebros! Hate to see the digging come to and end also, pretty much over with here. How many lbs. you dug so far?

Re:Dedication 10 years 5 months ago #25588

i dont like to say dont want to be called a liar but about ten pounds less than last year but still working on it

Re:Dedication 10 years 5 months ago #25638

i dont really know how much got a lot drying and didnt weigh it green so it would just be a guess what i have that is dry equals 10 pounds less than this time last year though . well about to start day 46 might get soaked dont like that but what can you do about it dug two threes yesterday one on each side of a copperhead before i saw it good lord thanks for anotherday god bless us all

Re:Dedication 10 years 5 months ago #25712

man the leaves came down with that wind and rain cold hands and wet feet cant take a day off now with the cold weather there giving time left will be short good time to find a patch or a big one enjoy it while you can

Re:Dedication 10 years 5 months ago #25755

day 48 whitley co. man that place was beat to death still found 9 fours though cant find whats done been dug been following 4 to ten ever place i go nobody can get it all but everbody together can come dam close. pinched the tops off lots small seng this year only way to save it. never seen so many people in the woods be scarice next year

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds

Who's Online

We have 471 guests and no members online

Login