2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders will be accepted on May 1st for pre-determined shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders will be accepted on May 1st for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: seng price southwest virginia

seng price southwest virginia 10 years 6 months ago #25353

I had marked where I seen seng as I was digging my cohosh because the plants were laying down and starting to turn brown,I took a day off from cohosh and took my time and carefully dug the seng and washed using mild ivory soap with a baby bottle soft brush. I put half up in a shallow cardboard box on top of the refrig just like I heard my buyer explain to a guy that messed up a bunch of seng. I cut up the rest that I wanted for my personal use. he paid me $750 lb for it. was 1 once at $47. I also sold my chosh for $80. I asked him about the Chinese taring the roots apart and he said they did when they grade it but between here and there they want it whole and they like it green best so they can dry it the way they want it. so right now good dry is $750. Eli in between Coeburn and Norton Va. Va Bot. price list at misc roots post with phone #.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:seng price southwest virginia 10 years 6 months ago #25357

Thanks cohosh digger. Sounds like the price is rising....
I'll be visiting him soon!

Re:seng price southwest virginia 10 years 6 months ago #25358

Thanks cohosh digger. Sounds like the price is rising....
I'll be visiting him soon!

Re:seng price southwest virginia 10 years 6 months ago #25360

At 750 this early you got to wonder if they know something we don't. I heard a tale last night that va was going to stop sengin for 7 yrs.???

Re:seng price southwest virginia 10 years 6 months ago #25363

I would say ask Eli. seng is his bread and butter. he is on the inside and would know. He is really a good person and would tell you.

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds

Who's Online

We have 61 guests and no members online

Login