2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: prices in IN

prices in IN 14 years 6 months ago #2249

I finally got a list of ginseng dealers from DNR by county, and have been able to get ahold of a few, where I live (Cass County) its 300dry and 75 green, Feyette county so far is the highest at 325dry and 80green, and hendrick county is 300dry and 90green, those is the only ones that I could geet hold of,, hope the price goes up some more.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:prices in IN 14 years 6 months ago #2260

thanks for the update rebel

Re:prices in IN 14 years 6 months ago #2261

• Randy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hey all,at 90.00 dollars a pound green X 4 =360.00. The dealer is a littel off. Thier is starting to be a demand for fresh ginseng. I seen this last year. Watever brings the price up.

Re:prices in IN 14 years 6 months ago #2262

It should be 90x3=270. It takes 3 pounds to make one dry.

Re:prices in IN 14 years 6 months ago #2279

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
My dealer here in Ky is at 304 dry and 6 per ounce wet......

48 ounces wet makes a pound dry,so by adding it up
3 lb wet = $288:00
1 lb dry = $304:00

= 16

I would be making 16 dollors more per pound dry,but thats only $ 5:33 per wet pound to dry it.
So the way I see it is like this.If I was just digging because I needed the extra money
I would sell it wet simply because it isent worth fooling with drying it etc for only 5:33
more per pound,but I am not just digging for extra money.I like to save mine till everything is
dry,then sell it and use the money for Christmas.Me and the wife had 5 kids and my 1st Grand Daugther
has been born,so it is nice to not scrounge for a good Christmas every year :)

Also if by any chance the price does decide to go up to say $425 a pound then I win alot because
I didnt sell while it was at 288 for 3 pound wet & instead 3 pound for 304 a pound i waited and
by waiting i end up making $425 I had this work 2wice already.

1 year it went to 900 a pound dry they where giving

160 a pound wet before the price jumped so high and it was at 525 a pound dry,i still held mine and 5
weeks later got $900 a pound.

I dont think you can loose by saving your seng till it all drys if you can afford to,but if not at least its not as it used to be wet seng is selling alot better than 5 years ago.

Any way thats my opinion..
Billy.

Re:prices in IN 14 years 6 months ago #2282

i'm like you Billy,idry all of mine..never sold a green,wet root in 37 years of digging..

Re:prices in IN 14 years 6 months ago #2288

With all due respect to the posters, I am paying better than 3:1 for sang (and paying 135/lb for older green sang from NY) as I like green sang better. They don't get broken up during shipping and I can clean them properly before I dry them the way I wanted. The assumption that sang dries to exactly 1/3 of the weigh may be an overestimation if someone's got quality old sang. The older stuff may dry to less than 1/3 of the weight making the seller better off if he sold the sang green. Yes, other sang dries to more than 1/3 and so are the fertilized kinds. So you might want to sell them green so buyers don't find out they are not exactly 100% wild.

In times when prices soar, holding sang dry or wet would benefit from the price rise. But when the price stays the same, or is dropping, holding dry sang dosn't help much. Right now I think price is fairly low, so holding may be less of a risk. But no one really knows where the price would go.

Re:prices in IN 14 years 6 months ago #2289

i was quoted $325 dry here ... i dont sell green so i dont even ask for the \"green\" prices ... i wouldnt doubt if the price will hit AT LEAST $400 by Dec.

Re:prices in IN 14 years 6 months ago #2292

I've never sold mine green either they just all told me how much it was, I guess if your drivin back from a good day of sang'n an run low on gas. Has anyone had any problem with deer during rut, as in being aggressive, I never had but heard some stories before

GREEN PRICES 14 years 6 months ago #2308

• KY DIGGER
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I DONT SELL TO LOCAL DEALERS. YOU JUST GET RIPPED OFF. I CAN SELL MY GREEN GINSENG FO ABOUT 10.00 AN OUNCE. YOU CAN SELL ON EBAY BUT MUST HAVE A DEALERS LICENSE. JEFF I HAVE SOME OLD ROOTS LISTED AND ONE OF THEM IS OVER TWO OUNCES. LISTED UNDER--BLAZERKY. LAST YEAR I WAS TOLD BY A DEALER THAT IT TOOK 4 TO 1 WET TO MAKE ONE DRY. SO YOU MUST BE CAREFUL WHO YOU SELL TO. I HAVE MY OWN LICENSE BUT DO NOT BUY. I STILL AM REQUIRED TO SELL MY OWN ON EBAY.

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds

Who's Online

We have 130 guests and no members online

Login