2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: What can we do?

What can we do? 12 years 4 months ago #15200

I think one of our biggest problems is people digging out of season and also unlicensed buyers buying out of season at a much lower price then pretending they dug it when the legal season opens.

You still see too much underage roots which is illegal to dig or sell. I've told the diggers you can't be digging these and that it's up to a $1000 fine to have them in possesion.

Then there is the washing and proper drying issue.

But I must say, I think about everyone on this forum is pretty responsible and maybe try to educate fellow harvesters for future years.

rootman

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:What can we do? 12 years 4 months ago #15202

Your exactly right with all your points. I also believe diggers need to learn the importance of being growers. Like any resource, responsible digging and PLANTING are the only way to keep our beloved ginseng populations viable for harvest. A little investment in seed each year (planting as you dig) will insure state DNRs don't ban harvesting and selling altogether in the near future. I'm afraid too many diggers don't care enough to plant back.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds

Who's Online

We have 576 guests and no members online

Login