2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Slight increse in Ohio prices

Slight increse in Ohio prices 12 years 5 months ago #14167

Hi Everyone,

I am now paying $440 - $450 for nice lots of Ohio ginseng.

However, the market still is a little uncertain and it is hard to predict what will happen next.

There has been no change in the markets for the other herbs.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Slight increse in Ohio prices 12 years 5 months ago #14388

not sure where your located but newton ridge gun in malta ohio told me 530lb this week

Re:Slight increse in Ohio prices 12 years 5 months ago #14394

Until I know something different, I'm still paying an average of $450 with a premium for nicer root. I know some guys are running the price up, but there isn't enough movement yet in the market to justify doing so. And, when I tell you $450 for average original digger lots, that's what I'm paying. I\"m not quoting a high price to get you here and then only willing to pay $440 or $450.

Today, I paied $460 for one lot of nicely handled stuff.

Re:Slight increse in Ohio prices 12 years 5 months ago #14404

If the man at Newton Ridge Gun(Ricky Cambell) gave you a quote at $530 , then that is what he is paying. There is no fluff from him. A good honest buyer.

Re:Slight increse in Ohio prices 12 years 5 months ago #14516

sorry castle wasnt tryin to call you out or anything i was just lettin everybody know what i heard he treated me right last year figured i would put his name out in return

Re:Slight increse in Ohio prices 12 years 5 months ago #14518

No problems here ruter! I was just letting ya know that if ya had not dealt with Ricky Cambell before that he is a honest guy who pays ya what he quotes. Super guy in my opinion.

Re:Slight increse in Ohio prices 12 years 5 months ago #14522

(Ricky Cambell) gave a quote at $530 going up

Re:Slight increse in Ohio prices 12 years 5 months ago #14526

Guys, I've never met Mr. Cambell, so I was not at all suggesting he was anything other than a stand up guy. However, I know there are places in Ohio you can go where $2 becomes $1.45 by the time they are ready to write the check. I took no slight in the post. I guess sometimes I still think more like a digger than a dealer and say things that can be taken wrong. I am sorry if this was the case here.

As far as those prices, I will not be paying that much for the forseeable future. Unless something happens to cause it to change, everything is tightening up like cement and nothing (yes NOTHING) is moving. Maybe a few hundred pounds here or there, but not enough to support the ginseng market and certainly not enough to justify raising prices.

I really wish the news was more pleasant guys, but it isn't. I am going to continue to pay $450 for nice stuff for the time being and hoping that something will break loose.

Re:Slight increse in Ohio prices 12 years 5 months ago #14553

Rick Campbell: Good buyer,fair price,doesn't pick you death. Sold to him lots of years.

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds

Who's Online

We have 589 guests and no members online

Login