2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: buying Vermont ginseng

buying Vermont ginseng 12 years 5 months ago #14020

Hello All, I am buying Vermont ginseng if any of you VTers have any to sell. Good prices for good root.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:buying Vermont ginseng 12 years 5 months ago #14067

lets hear the prices for vermont......

Re:buying Vermont ginseng 12 years 5 months ago #14069

right now we are at $400-$500 for average root, and more for big roots

Re:buying Vermont ginseng 12 years 5 months ago #14074

looks like you have the high price as of right now.
The 400-500 leaves a pretty wide gap though....
Guessing the 500 or more is for premuim root.
Thats even more than N C !!!
Keep us posted
thanks

Re:buying Vermont ginseng 12 years 5 months ago #14311

Vermont, I'm digging one more time. I'be ready to sell soon.
Attachments:

Re:buying Vermont ginseng 12 years 5 months ago #14313

Nice looking roots !!, wish I was getting out in the woods again, but work is too busy right now. I've managed to gather a pound (once dried), but not bad considering I only got out 5-6 times this year. Give a hollar when you want to sell, I'd love to make an offer.
And good luck out there, wear your orange hat, bow season overlapping ginseng season can be dangerous

Re:buying Vermont ginseng 12 years 5 months ago #15023

Nice to meet you Steve! I'm sure we'll be doing more business w/ you. To all other Vt diggers, you need to get in touch w/ Vermont, he'll treat you right!:cheer:

Re:buying Vermont ginseng 12 years 5 months ago #15037

Vermont wrote:

And good luck out there, wear your orange hat, bow season overlapping ginseng season can be dangerous

...our seng didn't last till bow season this year:( .....oct. first here in ill...Maya did you sell some?

Re:buying Vermont ginseng 12 years 5 months ago #15046

Sold all my seng and my partners Chieftain except for my 63 year old root. I've got to get back in touch w/ someone about that root. He offered me a good $ for it.

Vermont took the time to look roots over good and offer price on quality, age and how well it was dug( all hair roots in tact). Very well done! $100 difference per pound on that criteria. The way it should be! Also a good price per lb., as good or better than what I've been seeing on this forum.

I think many of these diggers are being screwed if the buyers is just blurting out a price per lb. Diggers need to be better informed and hold these buyers feet to the fire.

That being said many diggers just need to educate themselves better. This forum is helping, but there is a lot of work to do on the diggers part. They need to be better informed on quality and what the end user wants. I see way to many pics here where the hair roots have been broken off. jmo

Re:buying Vermont ginseng 12 years 5 months ago #15052

congrats Maya,I hope next year is a prosperous one for you..also a great find on the 63 yr.old root and you should get big money for a root like that.and congrats to you too Vermont..a happy buyer and a happy seller, you cant beat that.

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds

Who's Online

We have 315 guests and no members online

Login