2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: BEST PRICE FOR THE YEAR IS HERE

BEST PRICE FOR THE YEAR IS HERE 12 years 6 months ago #12905

HI GUYS, I AM LOOKING FOR SOME EXTRA OLD(LONG NECK) OR NICE GINSENG AND I WILL PAY FOR SELECTED GINSENG AT PRICE OF $320/LB FOR FRESH.THAT IS $20 PER OZ
IF YOU HAVE ANY EXTRA OLD ONE, PLEASE SEND ME THE PICTURES SHOWING CLEARLY THE DETAILS OF THE GINSENG AND THE WEIGHT. GOOD LUCK GUYS:cheer:
(FOR THE REALLY OLD BUT SMALL ONE,THE PRICE WILL NOT BE LOWER THAN $20 PER PIECE):)
MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS : This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

IF YOU HAVE LONG NECK LIKE THIS , I WILL PAY $600/POUND FOR FRESH, AND $1000/POUND FOR DRY. JUST FOR THE REALLY LOOOONG NECK. IF YOU WANT TO SEND ME EMAIL, PLEASE ATTACH THE PICTURE
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:BEST PRICE FOR THE YEAR IS HERE 12 years 6 months ago #12913

Hello, my name is Lisa and I am new to this forum but have been looking at it for sometime now. Would you be interested in large roots that are around 15 to 20 years old. My two sons dug some real nice roots yesterday and we were wondering if we could get a better price for the big roots instead of the same price as the rest of the seng that they dig every year.

Re:BEST PRICE FOR THE YEAR IS HERE 12 years 6 months ago #12919

Hi,
we're ginseng diggers,we have already dug 20lb. and haven't hit our honey hole yet. we expect to dig another 30-50lb. We have already washed and started the drying process but are willing to keep our next haul fresh out of the ground. We have alot of pictures on this sight of some of last years on \"my posts\" So far this year they have been between 20-50 year old, with very few being under 20. Hope we can do business.
Thanks
McCoy Diggers

Re:BEST PRICE FOR THE YEAR IS HERE 12 years 6 months ago #12995

• ginsengman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Myself and few other diggers have around 10-15 lb. ginseng,SO FAR, we are very experienced diggers, my question to you is how u yourself determine the age of the root, reason I ask, is I have dealt with several dealers who have different methods to determne age, thank you.

Re:BEST PRICE FOR THE YEAR IS HERE 12 years 6 months ago #13001

WILDGINSENG wrote:

HI GUYS, I AM LOOKING FOR SOME EXTRA OLD OR NICE GINSENG AND I WILL PAY FOR SELECTED GINSENG AT PRICE OF $320/LB FOR FRESH.THAT IS $20 PER OZ
IF YOU HAVE ANY EXTRA OLD ONE, PLEASE SEND ME THE PICTURES SHOWING CLEARLY THE DETAILS OF THE GINSENG AND THE WEIGHT. GOOD LUCK GUYS:cheer:
(FOR THE REALLY OLD BUT SMALL ONE,THE PRICE WILL NOT BE LOWER THAN $20 PER PIECE):)

How do we email you? also do u have a # to talk yo you? email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Thanks

Re:BEST PRICE FOR THE YEAR IS HERE 12 years 6 months ago #13006

GOOD QUESTION!!!:)
the most important thing to determine the ginseng is the neck, if the neck is really really long, it must be old, right? the other way i used is the hair, if the hair is really loooong, then it should be old too.(so ,guys ,please protect the hair when you dig the ginseng)
I started to learn about ginseng less than two months ago,so there must be some other ways to determine the age of the ginseng, i am not the expert, but , I think the neck is the key for the determination of the age of ginseng, so , I am looking for the long long neck ginseng.

Re:BEST PRICE FOR THE YEAR IS HERE 12 years 6 months ago #13013

Hello all, I am new to the forum, so sorry to jump in right in the middle if things. Please feel free to push me in the right direction, or shove me out of the way if need be. I saw this post, along with a few others and it has me intrigued. I've seen a few posts that stated older roots were hard to come by these days, and roots over 20-30 yrs old are nowadays scarce. Now please dont take me the wrong way, but I'm from WV and around here anyway it seems almost the opposite is true. Honestly its not unusual to dig 40-50-60 roots daily that are in the 25-50 yr range, with some older. Now these arent large roots, they are actually quite small. Many if not the majority of these roots are dug as 1-2 prongers, which is why they are often overlooked. A few years back I met a Korean gal in college who I began dealing with. She was most impressed with her selection in which to choose from. i really didnt understand as to why, now im starting to think that thus us a rare thing. Please do not think Im jumping in here saying hey look at me...Im your man, because Im not. I am actually wanting to hear from you all to know if this is normal, or a rare occurrence to find mostly older roots. As i said before, im brand new here and dont quite know my way around but I will try to add some pics to show you what im saying. Thank you all for your time.

Re:BEST PRICE FOR THE YEAR IS HERE 12 years 6 months ago #13014

Also wanted to say that the amount or length of the hairs on the root is not an indicator of age. These small roots are called adventitious or \"feeder\" roots. The amount and length of these \"hairs\" is derived from several factors...soil texture, soil moisture, amount of light the particular plant receives, etc. Basically they are grown on an \"as needed\" basis. For example, a root in extremely dry ground will sprout many of these long hairs in search of water in order to maintain adequate moisture. Also as with a plant growing in direct sun. These plants are receiving much more \"energy\" to grow with and must expand the root system to maximize nutrient uptake. Im sure youve probably all noticed that usually plants in open areas are much larger, and have large roots relative to age. On the other hand, that 50 year old brute buried under the briar bush has everything it needs, it sits fat and happy looking like a big old bald carrot. Back to the point...older roots will more often than not have fewer or no hairs, due to predation from mice and moles. Of course this varies region to region, but is a general rule. Hope this helps, just had to add my 2 cents, didnt want anyone to have their seng judged as being less studly just because it couldnt grow hair. Thanks.

Re:BEST PRICE FOR THE YEAR IS HERE 12 years 6 months ago #13019

welcome aboard,wv

Re:BEST PRICE FOR THE YEAR IS HERE 12 years 6 months ago #13033

Thank ya Chieftain

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds

Who's Online

We have 347 guests and no members online

Login