2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: wet ginseng prices

wet ginseng prices 12 years 6 months ago #12863

Gillogly in white cottage ohio is giving $125.00 per pound wet right now.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:wet ginseng prices 12 years 6 months ago #12896

Just sold some green seng today for 127 a pound here in central Kentucky..The buyer said he was starting out at 380 a pound dry next week..Not a bad start to the year..

Re:wet ginseng prices 12 years 6 months ago #12982

Inflation effects all prices, ginseng is no different. Think about what you were paying for groceries and gas a year ago, did that go up? I would advise any diggers to hold and not sell too early, unless of course you must have the cash now. I have already seen green price on this board triple in a few days. There is no reason to think we won't see prices push $1k a pound by end of season for dry.

Re:wet ginseng prices 12 years 6 months ago #12989

Hey wolfe God knows i hope your right but i really doubt it bub. No offense. I think if we see 500 we will be lucky. And i believe the reason for the jump in green is just because competition among the dealers, because i don't know about the other dealers but im not holding my green seng i sell it before it gets a chance to start drying.

Every year that it goes high the next year it usually drops back low due to where everyone floods the market. And im not just saying that where im a dealer and just trying to get everyones seng. But i really believe it won't go that high this year.

But thats just what i have heard and what i know from experience from years past. But I sure do hope you are right and it goes past 1000 dollars, but im not getting my hopes up for it.

Re:wet ginseng prices 12 years 6 months ago #13003

I'll agree with hillbilly,

In 07 it went sky high then in 08 I knew a guy that took out a mortgage on his home for 50 thousand dollars and started buying all the ginseng he could early for $400 a lb.

Well if you remember that year it dropped like a rock. Most dealers quit buying and some that were only offered $200 a lb. It did finally rebound at around $350 later.

I think the guy with the mortgage lost about 10 thousand dollars that year.

Re:wet ginseng prices 12 years 6 months ago #13024

YO! what up fellow senger's?
I don't where where everyone is at in the country~ but up here in Minnesota it's a STRONG market starting green price is $130 - $200 a lb, depending on condition and age of roots. From the 20 years I have been doing this, I will go out on a limb and say this may be the best year ever. I had the feeling in 07, and I dried roots...well I hit paydirt on 22 lbs of dry at 950 a lb. I am drying again this year again and am expecting $900/lb before christmas. :silly:

great forum, glad I found it!

Re:wet ginseng prices 12 years 6 months ago #13025

YO! what up fellow senger's?
I don't where where everyone is at in the country~ but up here in Minnesota it's a STRONG market starting green price is $130 - $200 a lb, depending on condition and age of roots. From the 20 years I have been doing this, I will go out on a limb and say this may be the best year ever. in 07, 950 a lb. I am drying again this year again and am expecting $900/lb before christmas. :silly:

great forum, glad I found it!

Re:wet ginseng prices 12 years 6 months ago #13026

sure hope you are right manroot

Re:wet ginseng prices 12 years 6 months ago #13038

Hey manroot, if thats the case you let us know, cause ill be making a looooong drive to Minnesota...smilin the whole way

Re:wet ginseng prices 12 years 6 months ago #13046

New on here I love it hello and good luck to everyone I sell to the guy in white cottage was wondering if anyone' knows of opening price in Ohio :cheer:

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds

Who's Online

We have 685 guests and no members online

Login