2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Today is the Day For Me

Today is the Day For Me 13 years 1 month ago #9261

It was absolutely beautiful here today, so I decided to go check out where my stratified seeds are planted. I get to the first plot, look around, and lo and behold, I had a handful of small plants coming up. I found about the same number coming up in each of the other plots I checked. I'm excited because it looks like my very first planting was a success! I was worried that everything I did last year was going to be a waste because I planted in probably the most dry conditions anyone can plant in. It goes to show if you plant right after some rain like I did, ginseng will come up even in near drought conditions.

I usually have my phone with me, but for some reason I left it in the truck today and didn't realize until it was too late. I wanted to take a picture of the first plant I saw. I put my finger on it to move it a little in order to get a better look, and I saw there was a seed that didn't make it into the ground growing into the stem of a plant in the ground. Just when you thought you had seen it all.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Today is the Day For Me 13 years 1 month ago #9262

Jacquo

A BIG CONGRATS on your first emerging Seng!!!

It's always a big relief to see your first planting be successful.

I bet you were grinning from ear to ear!

I still have another 3-6 weeks of waiting.

classicfur

Re:Today is the Day For Me 13 years 1 month ago #9263

Classifur,

You're right. I was pretty pumped up seeing those little dudes. Is it weird that I stood there and just looked at a plant for a few minutes? I can't wait to see what the plots look like in a week or so.

Re:Today is the Day For Me 13 years 1 month ago #9274

Yeah - I can't wait to see the success of my plots. congrats!

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds

Who's Online

We have 772 guests and no members online

Login