2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng

TOPIC: Seedlings are up

Re:Seedlings are up 13 years 1 month ago #9058

Well!

The calendar says it's Spring, but it sure don't feel like it. Still have about 9\" of snow on the ground. The snow is usually gone around mid April.

A few of my bed marking sticks are starting to show. Can hardly wait!!!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Seedlings are up 13 years 1 month ago #9059

Snow covered ginseng bed.
Attachments:

Re:Seedlings are up 13 years 1 month ago #9060

Those three days of temps in the 70's ruined me. I've been freezing these past few days, and the near future doesn't seem much better. We're supposed to get 1-2 inches of snow tonight. Talk about strange weather. I just checked the radar, and it looks like a lot of board members are getting some bad weather. Not only are we going to get it here in Indiana, but it looks like KY and TN are getting their share of less than perfect weather too.

Re:Seedlings are up 13 years 1 month ago #9061

Jacquo

I looked at the radar and that storm is over 13 states. Fortunately for us it looks like it's going to miss Maine and go just south of us.

Winter is sure hanging on!

classicfur

Re:Seedlings are up 13 years 1 month ago #9062

Man I feel for you guys way up north there...

I remember a line from one of my favorite Robert Redford movies (Jerimiah Johnson) when the old man comes up to visit him near the end of the movie and he had gone on up in to Canada at that point.

He said something like \"Winter stays LONG here in these parts\".

It has cooled off some here in Middle TN but still not bad.

We got some real good rain today and looks like we may have rain on and off for the next week or so. When it does warm back up I bet my ginseng beds will be full of 3 leafers.

I checked some yesterday morning and found 10-12 or so up in many beds and some may apple comming up too.

Here is my 7 day.

I bet some of you guys would trade with me :-)

TNhunter
Attachments:

Re:Seedlings are up 13 years 1 month ago #9063

Jacquo, Im like you, really was enjoying those warm days. Now we have temps in the 30 s with rain and sleet today in Missouri. Warmer days are on the way, cant be long now.
Lenno

Re:Seedlings are up 13 years 1 month ago #9064

Lenno, those warmer days can't get here quick enough. For the past few weeks, I have been checking cattle multiple times each day because they are having calves right now. After those three warm days, the wind just cuts right through me when I'm out on the four wheeler. I went from riding in a t shirt and jeans to putting my coveralls back on.

Re:Seedlings are up 13 years 1 month ago #9072

None of my seeds are up yet, as of yesterday....

Weather is unpredictable here in NC as well. Perhaps some snow here in NC tonight.....

Re:Seedlings are up 13 years 1 month ago #9074

Classicfur,
Nice looking woods. I see some smooth bark maples in there as well as some other trees.
Look forward to seeing your ginseng bed pics this summer.
Latt

Re:Seedlings are up 13 years 2 weeks ago #9325

Hey guys,

North east Ohio has been colder than usual too.

I planted 5 lbs last fall and i have nothing popping up yet. I did scratch around the plots i planted and found that the seeds have opened and the tendrils are lurking! Glad too see that!

Hope it all works out for the better, i know my soil was a bit low on the calcium so i will have to continue to monitor the levels.

Good luck!

Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds

Who's Online

We have 401 guests and no members online

Login