2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng

TOPIC: Indoor 2 year old ginseng sprouting

Re:Indoor 2 year old ginseng sprouting 12 years 11 months ago #9228

It will be OK as long as I take as much dirt along with the root when I transplant them.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Indoor 2 year old ginseng sprouting 12 years 11 months ago #9254

Latt

Here is a small portion about growing indoors from A R Harding. Sounds like you could keep them indoors, year round. As long as you have a cellar or cool basement.

\"I wonder how many readers know that Ginseng can be grown in the house? writes a New York dealer.\"

\"Take a box about 5 inches deep and any size you wish. Fill it with woods dirt or any light, rich soil. Plant roots in fall and set in cellar thru the winter. They will begin to come up about April 1st, and should then be brought out of cellar. I have tried this two seasons. Last year I kept them by a window on the north side so as to be out of the sunshine. Window was raised about one inch to give ventilation. Two plants of medium size gave me about 100 seeds.\"

\"This season I have several boxes, and plants are looking well and most of them have seed heads with berries from one-third to three-fourths grown. They have been greatly admired, and I believe I was the first in this section to try growing Ginseng as a house plant.\"

From A.R. Hardings book.

classicfur

Re:Indoor 2 year old ginseng sprouting 12 years 11 months ago #9258

I had no idea this was possible. Thanks for the post.
Latt

Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds

Who's Online

We have 657 guests and no members online

Login