2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Fungicide & Insecticide as deer & Turkey deterent

Re:Fungicide & Insecticide as deer & Turkey deterent 8 years 8 months ago #36331

Deer predation management is something we are actively working on in our patches. We are trying a combination approach of fencing, putting down 1x4\" wire fencing at all the entrances [ our patches are fenced all the way around with cut understory lap] and I am considering starting using the old 8mm/303 approach indiscriminately.

remember that deer are matriarcal... the leader of the herd is the oldest wise-est doe.I hope that taking her, and her replacements will deter some predation, along with all the rest. In checking with my local Ag guys, controlling deer in this manner is not a serious issued on a \"nursery\" like ours. \"Course, this is a hypothetical writing from me, *wink-wink*... however the 8mm/303 approach has it's immediate satisfaction....

we are about to invest in some solar electric shock wiring for one of our patches... gonna have to climb a tree to set the panels up, and then run the wire up. This has it's expense tho, and in my view is entirely justified given what we are up to.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Fungicide & Insecticide as deer & Turkey deterent 8 years 7 months ago #36362

I've used the 30-06 approach as much as possible. I am not a hunter and I keep inviting hunters to come hunt .They all are looking for horns,Heck I cant eat horns how do they.I am not a licensed nursery or any thing of the sort.I ask em to shoot any thing that moves,They come down from the hunt and say \"I just seen 4 does and Its not doe day\",Or I seen a nice spike lets let him grow .They are so afraid of game regulations I recon.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds

Who's Online

We have 788 guests and no members online

Login