2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Seng Seedlings Among Club Moss.

Seng Seedlings Among Club Moss. 8 years 8 months ago #36082

So I checked on the seeds from wildgrown that I planted right amongst the club moss (that other users here told me what club moss is) and it appears to be doing well in it's first year. This (in the pic) is all I planted as I wanted to see how it does together. We will see how many come up next year and I will keep folks posted. Hope 2 prongers.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Seng Seedlings Among Club Moss. 8 years 8 months ago #36097

Cool,
I have seen ginseng growing well in areas with club moss. Others have said the soil is poor in areas where club moss grows. It will be interesting to see how they do long term.

I can get ginseng to germinate in sterol wet sand with no problems. 1 year olds will look fine the first year as long as moisture is sufficient.

However, if the soil is not good all 1 year olds will die off in the next few years to come where nothing is left.

Soil and canopy conditions are vital to say the least.

Good luck on this. Keep us posted.
Latt

Re:Seng Seedlings Among Club Moss. 8 years 8 months ago #36110

Thanks Latt; will update status next year and further if they make it that far. I picked up from reading all these forums that the first year don't really say much about the real outcome.

Jim

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds

Who's Online

We have 457 guests and no members online

Login