2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng

TOPIC: 6 prong with double berry stem, seed bed, wild sim, garden stuff (TNhunter)

Re:6 prong with double berry stem, seed bed, wild sim, garden stuff (TNhunter) 8 years 9 months ago #35811

TN,
Everything just looks extremely good! Saying you might have missed your calling is probably not quite the right term, but you sure could be a professional at growing in another life. You can be proud of your work. I've seen a lot of professional growers in my years and your handy work is right up there at the top. The McIntosh is a hard apple to beat and it looks like you peach tree is almost ready to pick. I am working on my first variety right now and I am freezing most of them. A few others are turning so it won't be long until the signs go up. Good luck with your new plantings and the seed crop that's coming on.

Hugh

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:6 prong with double berry stem, seed bed, wild sim, garden stuff (TNhunter) 8 years 9 months ago #35812

Ditto TN, Nice results for sure. Looks like you are going to be harvesting a wide variety of good things this year.
Thanks for sharing the pics.
Latt

Re:6 prong with double berry stem, seed bed, wild sim, garden stuff (TNhunter) 8 years 9 months ago #35813

nice TN,my peaches are the size of a hens egg right now...

Re:6 prong with double berry stem, seed bed, wild sim, garden stuff (TNhunter) 8 years 9 months ago #35817

Nice stuff TN... thanks for sharing! :)

Re:6 prong with double berry stem, seed bed, wild sim, garden stuff (TNhunter) 8 years 9 months ago #35819

TN, thanks for sharing the pics. Especially the seng as I was wondering how yours was coming along after reading from your first planting. They look very nice in my opinion. Some days here hunting wild I will find 50 or so harvestable three prongs and not a single four prong, so I know what you mean. Nice threes you have there though. Great work and congrats.

P.S. Garden looks very nice too. You must have a hard working wife to put up all that you grow.

Jim

Re:6 prong with double berry stem, seed bed, wild sim, garden stuff (TNhunter) 8 years 9 months ago #35820

Nice pics TN, man you guys are way ahead of us up here. These are some Liberty apples here, maybe the size of a quarter.
Attachments:

Re:6 prong with double berry stem, seed bed, wild sim, garden stuff (TNhunter) 8 years 9 months ago #35821

Job well done TN. Great pictures of the sang and garden. Great job with the straw around the plants. Nice garden pictures. Squash and zucini plants look very healthy. Do you get to grow your warm season crops all summer long in Tenn?

Re:6 prong with double berry stem, seed bed, wild sim, garden stuff (TNhunter) 8 years 9 months ago #35826

Thanks for the good comments everyone.

Nice looking apples Maya.

jimsenger... I help my wife put all of that stuff up too. I enjoy that part of it too. We do lots of jams, blackberry, strawberry, plum, peach and usually pear preserves.

We put up sweet corn and can tomatoes.

I usually start out planting greens in Mid March or so... and greens are about the only thing I grow all season long. After I harvest my sweet corn, I will plant some turnip greens and other greens... and those usually go all fall long and thru the winter. When it gets really cold it will cut em back, but with a week or two of warmer weather they will start comming back out again. I eat greens just a about all year.

Tomatoes, Squash and Corn I usually get out Late April, and harvest those as they come in. I stagger the tomato planting a little to have some later in the year.

I used to grow a big garden, but the older I get, the smaller my garden gets. So space is a premium now days so I only grow my most favorite things.

TNhunter

Re:6 prong with double berry stem, seed bed, wild sim, garden stuff (TNhunter) 8 years 9 months ago #35828

All your plantings really look great!

Those 'sang plants you posted look like something out of a textbook on how to do it right!

Re:6 prong with double berry stem, seed bed, wild sim, garden stuff (TNhunter) 8 years 9 months ago #35883

everything looks gr8 brother, hint,int, esp. SENG

Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds

Who's Online

We have 435 guests and no members online

Login