2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Spring planting?

Spring planting? 14 years 1 month ago #3330

ok boys and girls. I took my extra 4 pounds of seed and put it into a screened bag and sealed it shut. Then I buried the bag in about six inches of soil in my green house and water it occasionally. My question has anyone seeded in the spring (when?) and can I expect growth this summer (when?) I live in the midwest and have already planted for the last three years, but never in the spring. Ideas, solutions Beer!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Spring planting? 14 years 1 month ago #3331

Stratified Seed should come up this spring (mid-late april), if it was planted this fall or this early spring. You say you buried it in your Green House, is it warm in there? That might throw off the seeds cycle. The seed is expecting to go through two winter seasons. Not sure about seed, but I have read that roots require at least 45 days below 45 degrees to thrive. If your seed is kept to warm this winter it may sprout early or not at all.

Re:Spring planting? 14 years 1 month ago #3332

I do not know about everyone else But last year I kept the seeds in the Frig. and planted a lot in the first of March the seeds where smiling! The ground was still a little frozen and I think every seed came up. I will do that again this year. I did this in WV so it worked for me!!

Re:Spring planting? 14 years 3 weeks ago #3391

• breaks
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
thanks Kelly,
I'm going out this weekend. Hope the seed survived its burial. If so, its getting scrubbed in. I'll keep separate from the rest. Have a great summer

Re:Spring planting? 14 years 1 week ago #3449

I'm having first year plant coming up as of the 11th of april. not all seeds are sprouting as of yet, still kind of patchy. anyone else having growth yet?

Re:Spring planting? 14 years 1 week ago #3450

Planting & sprouting kinda depends on where you are. We could hit the upper 20's tonight!!! We are not going to see anything sprout for a few weeks here in Vt. Don't forget people posting are from different parts of the country and you can't make blanket statements on when to plant.

I think if I planted a week or two ago and they sprouted, and we get a frost tonight, the survival rate would go down. I think it just would not hurt to wait until there is no chance of frost.

Re:Spring planting? 14 years 1 week ago #3452

• breaks
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
thanks jr.
I got about another pound in 2wks ago, I plant in Iowa put live in Chicago. Therefore my trips are limited. I intend to get up there in late June. I should be able to see some results, do you agree. I've been planting for about three years. Most of the seeding is done in the fall, with success.
Happy planting

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds

Who's Online

We have 293 guests and no members online

Login