2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Test results

Test results 9 years 7 months ago #30428

Just got my results back and thinking I need ro add phosphorus. Any help would be appreciated.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Test results 9 years 7 months ago #30429

[img]

Re:Test results 9 years 7 months ago #30430

[img]

Re:Test results 9 years 7 months ago #30538

I'm going to try photo 1 more time
Attachments:

Re:Test results 9 years 7 months ago #30539

I'm going to try photo
Attachments:

Re:Test results 9 years 7 months ago #30541

Pic of Test Results posted for LocoJoe.

Attachments:

Re:Test results 9 years 7 months ago #30918

Thanks Huntsman I tried several times but no go on this phone.

Re:Test results 9 years 7 months ago #30919

Deleted.

Re:Test results 9 years 7 months ago #30933

LoCo Joe,
I don't mean to be a complete disrupter in your plans, but some of those readings are so low that I don't know if ginseng can survive if you plant it there. I know you can add amendments to help things out, but I am real skeptical if they will be high enough in the soil without really working the soil up to mix the ingredients thoroughly to all levels. You are right about the Phosphorous levels and the big ingredient, calcium, is almost non -existent. The one thing that you have going for you is the PH level, and since Ginseng is a very peculiar plant, that one aspect may be enough to make for a hospitable environment for ginseng. I would be very cautious with my plans and go very slowly before making any large investments. I looked to see if you had made any posts about wild ginseng growing on the property, but I did not see any. That could make a big decision for you right there if there is any already growing close by. Just adding the amendments that will be required could be very costly on any size acreage. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Hugh

LoCo Joe,
After answering your initial post about the soil survey I went to your profile and found where you had stated earlier that ginseng once grew on your property.
That in itself is a good indicator as to whether your soil will grow ginseng. With that said, I would still try to amend your soil to where it might grow bigger and better plants after you plant seed and rootlets. Then you have this thing about family members or poachers. Let us know how the plantings work out.

Re:Test results 9 years 7 months ago #31032

Thanks Hugh I'm starting small scale first. Have to see how it goes then I'll try some other places on the hill next year if some:cheer: seng comes up .

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds

Who's Online

We have 155 guests and no members online

Login