2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Illinois gimseng hunting

Illinois gimseng hunting 9 years 9 months ago #28526

can anyone tell me if they have seen any gimseng in Illinois? I have heard people have found some in the southern part, but is that the only area. I have gone out several times and have not seen any sign. Could it be to early? I'm a new hunter and may not be looking in the right places. I have checked several different woods.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Illinois gimseng hunting 9 years 6 months ago #30442

What part of Illinois are you in?And yes it is here.

Re:Illinois gimseng hunting 9 years 6 months ago #30443

Re:Illinois gimseng hunting 9 years 6 months ago #30444

Re:Illinois gimseng hunting 9 years 6 months ago #30445

aj- if you heard that some have sang in Illinois well it was dug before season as season does not start till Sat. 9-6-14. If you haven't seen it you either walk right by it and or it is not there. This reminds me of a guy last year came on here bragging he had 9 pounds of sang and it wasn't in season in Illinois yet, about a week early. It didn't take him long to delete his posts and he hasn't been back since.

Re:Illinois gimseng hunting 9 years 6 months ago #30472

ID....what reminds of someone who posted they have 9 lbs early. AJ simply asked if there is seng in Illinois and stated he had heard of some finding some in the south........FINDING being the key word in that sentence.....he stated nothing about DIGGING. A bit over zealous arent you?? There is no law against going out and scouting Ginseng early to dig when the season starts....which is today. I am leaving in 5 minutes to go dig what I have been scouting for the last month. I guess before you reply negatively to a post you should properly read what is written in the post and not create what you want to read and respond to in your own mind. Happy hunting to all.
As for AJ.....I am a first time digger and it took me a little while to find it myself but by simply doing my proper research and homework on the net I was able to locate and have been finding it ever since. As the season starts today it will be my first time digging and I am very excited. There is plenty of info on this site and on youtube that will help you to locate it. If you need any other tips please dont hesitate to ask as I would be happy to share what I have learned by simply doing my homework. Good luck!!

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds

Who's Online

We have 159 guests and no members online

Login