2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: growing ginseng

growing ginseng 10 years 5 months ago #26284

hillhopper sorry to hear they burned you like that. I ordered from them for 6 yrs. straight was always charged 150 a pound of the biggest healthiest seeds I have ever acquired. they did have in my opinion way to much sand in the bags but the quality or the final outcome makes for the finest wild simulated I have ever grown. I am sure you know that whenever you buy seed from someone you ALWAYS do a float test and always do the bleach and water ration for a safety measure for mold. again I work an acre and a half every 6 yrs and average about 55 pds. I wish I would have known your bad experience if so I would have NEVER EVEN posted that about them, as I was very uncomfortable with all the sand in each bag every yr...well one thing is certain I will never have to buy a seed again in my lifetime and I am 48 shang helped me retire at 40...lovin it:) again so sorry to hear that happened to you my friend..thats bad business !

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:growing ginseng 10 years 5 months ago #26286

Ahh well, you live and learn I guess. I couldn't necessarily drive to Michigan and make things right. All I can do is keep someone from getting burned as I did. Im not trying to blast your opinion whatsoever as Im sure your experience was better than mine. But, they are very capable of taking the low road on a deal.

Hillhopper

Re:growing ginseng 10 years 5 months ago #26297

Wild frontier needs to share some strategies teach us all how to retire at forty lol

Re:growing ginseng 10 years 5 months ago #26303

Wildfrontier
I never seem to have sand in seed that I have bought. My real question is you say you worked and acre and half every 6 years. Is that planting that much using 55 lbs. I think I am running about 10 seeds per square foot or about 40 lbs an acre when you take out the pathways. I hate to ask but I am in my second year. What is your methods in planting and any yield info/ age of plots before harvest?
I have been informed by a local grower he averaged 8-15k wet lbs in an acre planted with 100lb of seed grown to 12 years. He was very heavy into raised beds and chemical sprays.

Re:growing ginseng 10 years 5 months ago #26333

A couple of things here... did I miss something about Hillhopper getting burned? and I have a Q for WVWhitewolf.

The first post reads something about being burned form someone in Michigan. Was the exact post deleted somehow?

WVWhiteWolf- I'm not too sure who you were speaking to about however; \"an acre planted with 100lb of seed\" sounds too incredible to believe. I can't imagine having that many seeds in a single acre. I'd think that there would be a real need to put lots of chemicals down to keep the stuff from getting fungus, and I also have to wonder about the size of the root being that crowded. There must be a whole bunch of other fertilizer he's using as well to norish that kind of intense growth.

Re:growing ginseng 10 years 5 months ago #26341

Whitjr wrote:

A couple of things here... did I miss something about Hillhopper getting burned? and I have a Q for WVWhitewolf.

The first post reads something about being burned form someone in Michigan. Was the exact post deleted somehow?

WVWhiteWolf- I'm not too sure who you were speaking to about however; \"an acre planted with 100lb of seed\" sounds too incredible to believe. I can't imagine having that many seeds in a single acre. I'd think that there would be a real need to put lots of chemicals down to keep the stuff from getting fungus, and I also have to wonder about the size of the root being that crowded. There must be a whole bunch of other fertilizer he's using as well to norish that kind of intense growth.

Whitjr,

The post that you missed is in the Thread linked below! I was wondering the same thing and it took me awhile to find it.

www.wildgrown.com/index.php/Ginseng-Foru...an-do-it/Page-6.html

Frank

Re:growing ginseng 10 years 5 months ago #26382

Thanks, Frank.

Hillhopper: love this part of your post... \"I personally, wouldn't order a cup of coffee from those two.\" funny!

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds

Who's Online

We have 138 guests and no members online

Login