2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Do you know farmers making a living?

Do you know farmers making a living? 15 years 7 months ago #254

• tuumi
  • tuumi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I've been reading a lot and am excited about growing ginseng. I'm starting small and plan to get a bit bigger each year as I gain experience. I'm relatively young at 34 and have a lot of time before retirement. I live in an area that is great for ginseng and poaching isn't really an issue. As a teacher I could reasonable plant an acre a year. I've go the time in the summer to prepare the land. I've done the calculations and it seems like big money. So much so that I am skeptical. I'd like to hear stories about people who have actually been successful growing ginseng. Describe their lives. How much do they plant a year? How much are they harvesting? What do they make a year? Please share.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Do you know farmers making a living? 15 years 5 months ago #717

I know one. I belive he does quite well.

I am on mu third year farming ginseng. Some advice that I have is start small, buy Scott Persons' book, and be patient. My first year I planted five pounds and have increased enery year since. It will take some time to get a return on your investment but it will come in the end.

Good luck!

MMG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds

Who's Online

We have 541 guests and no members online

Login