2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Emerging seedlings

Re:Emerging seedlings 10 years 10 months ago #22632

Maybe the top died right away? We had dry spell recently killed the tops on one of my patches just as the seeds germinated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Emerging seedlings 10 years 10 months ago #22633

Do you think they will come back next year?

Re:Emerging seedlings 10 years 10 months ago #22688

My bet is the ones with long tails and no tops will be up very soon (a week or two). If they're developing like that, they're coming.

Re:Emerging seedlings 10 years 10 months ago #22690

vafiddler wrote:

My bet is the ones with long tails and no tops will be up very soon (a week or two). If they're developing like that, they're coming.

X2

Re:Emerging seedlings 10 years 10 months ago #22691

I'm not sure if this will get posted right, I'm new to posting. Your plants look good, I planted sprouted seed in march, They were emerging 1st of may, looks just like your 3 leaf, I want be able to check on most of them, for a few weeks, due to reverse arthroplasty [artifical shoulder implant] I want to plant lots more this fall. Keep up updated on your ginseng.

Re:Emerging seedlings 10 years 10 months ago #22699

Guys - went and checlked on my patches yesterday. took a lot of pics, however am at work now and will have to post those later. I was very happy to see the results from the new patch, as well as the results from the first patch.

I am estimating a 60-75% emergance rate. There in the mountains, I don't think that these have been above ground very long... maybe a week or 10 days at the most.

Anyway, am very very glad to see the little guys!

Re:Emerging seedlings 10 years 9 months ago #22880

Totals are in now for first year emergance...around 60% I'll got the mrs. To let me plant another pound this fall and another next ...the seedlings that are up look healthier and strong...is it possible to have a four or five leafer on one stem emerging plant the first year cuz I think I have one or two

Re:Emerging seedlings 10 years 9 months ago #22883

One Sly Savage wrote:

Totals are in now for first year emergance...around 60% I'll got the mrs. To let me plant another pound this fall and another next ...the seedlings that are up look healthier and strong...is it possible to have a four or five leafer on one stem emerging plant the first year cuz I think I have one or two

While most first year plants (Flat Tops) generally emerge with 3 leaves, it is fairly common to have plants emerge with 4 leaves but 5 leaves are less common but not really rare!

Frank

Re:Emerging seedlings 10 years 7 months ago #23315

Well summer is fading fast and most of my plants are doing well..a couple were nibbled on by bugs but most are pretty strong, gonna plant two more pounds of seed this fall

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds

Who's Online

We have 519 guests and no members online

Login