2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng

TOPIC: 80 Days and counting

Re:80 Days and counting 11 years 2 months ago #22049

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Bears Lettuce grows good around and near cool creeks in the Mountians another name is Branch Lettuce Very good greens just wash them off and use them like salad or cook them in bacon greese emm

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:80 Days and counting 11 years 2 months ago #22050

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Another picture of Bears/Branch Lettuce and what it looks like when you walk upon it
Attachments:

Re:80 Days and counting 11 years 2 months ago #22051

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Wild Onions /Ramps/Leaks by far my favorite Mtn green it taste like onion and Garlic mixed into one plant just good
cook them the same way or just eat them raw excellent with corn bread and lima or Pinto Beans

Attachments:

Re:80 Days and counting 11 years 2 months ago #22052

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Their is no way I can leae out the beautys of em all guys my most prized shroom the yellow and black morrels (hickory chickens,,dry land fish)
Attachments:

Re:80 Days and counting 11 years 2 months ago #22053

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Now brothers here is a grand recipe I will share with you...Middle March to middle April Mountian Feast....

1ST Of All do not forget your frying pan and a good bowl..strap to the 4 wheeler or put it in the truck take a mixture of salt and pepper....Take some oil or butter and flitter mix (frying bread mix also good to batter fish and excellent bread)season the flitter mix to suit ya b4 leaving the house)

Catch a few fish on the way into the Mountians......

Then go on up and Harvest some Ramps,Bears Lettuce,& some Morrels,

Build a safe fire area with circled rocks and out of harms way and water available close by...

Fry them fish in that flitter mix nicen brown pepper/salt during frying to suite ya set to the side.......

Take them mushrooms,ramps,and lettuce and cut them up good...toss em in a container sit to the side ( FAIR WARNING mouth watering about this time ......

Fry that pack of bacon to suit your taste,but for this recipe I like the bacon near crispy and recomend it crispy....

Remove the bacon break it up sit to the side then take the shrooms,lettuce,and ramps toss them into that hot bacon greese 3 minutes flip em over (DO NOT stir in pan just flip) 3 more minutes on that side,remove em...put it all in the bowl Toss bacon bites into the mix ,,,,let cool for a moment (WARNING DREWLING BY NOW)

While cooling fry flitters in greese or butter I prefer the fliters in butter it realy adds to the flavor when eating it all............but either way on the flitters....

Then just eat and eat untill you are filled,,,,,warning the more people you take the less you get to eat bahahahah lol or just make sure to pick enough to satisfy the needy :) and yea it is that good.

Billy.

Attachments:

Re:80 Days and counting 11 years 2 months ago #22055

Enjoyed reading all this great stuff fellas about Billy's Land opportunity and, Mushrooms, Ramps etc along with the wise words from many. I am so happy to be a part of this forum and to share with my brothers who love the great outdoors and the bounty mother nature provides to all, especially fellas like you all that appreciate everything she offers to us.

Latt

PS : Rootman I too have the paper back version with colored pictured of the National Audubon field guide to the North American Mushrooms by Gary H. Lincoff. Also I have been attempting to grow Oyster Mushrooms at home and have some really nice Mycelium running at the moment.

Re:80 Days and counting 11 years 2 months ago #22057

Billy...

Here are some nice small mouth bass to go with your fine meal.

I caught those two the last weekend in March year before last. The big one was on the first cast (3 lbs, 1 oz) and the smaller one on the second cast (around 2 lbs).

The decent sized ones like that I like to filet, and then grill. A simple mix of 1/2 Dales sauce and 1/2 A1 and then salt/pepper to taste. About 6 minutes cooking time on each side and YUM !

PS... I am starting to think Morels again and was over my brother in laws last week and down by his barn he has several elm trees. One of them died this year and he cut it up for firewood (said he tried to bust it but had no luck).

When redbuds start blooming... I will be checking around that dead elm stump and other elms and places on that hillside. He has several apple trees too, so I have my hopes up to find a few out there this year.

TNhunter

Attachments:

Re:80 Days and counting 11 years 2 months ago #22058

I remember those beautiful small mouths. All these pics of fish, shrooms, ramps etc are making me hungrier.
Check this out too on mushrooms.

www.morelmushroomhunting.net/report/curr...hc_report_page1.html

Re:80 Days and counting 11 years 2 months ago #22063

My uncle and I are currently growing in seperate locations. I have a patch I add 20 berries to each season and he is testing some ground in an old cow pasture that is now a black walnut forest. I hope everyone in here has success and will update you on my uncles seed bed. I am curious about it myself.

Re:80 Days and counting 11 years 2 months ago #22066

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
TN: yum yum is right own there :) over in our area those are fine places/trees/stupmps to look I find nice yellows around apple trees very often the realy big yellows you see in my photos and a mix of yellows and blacks around Sycomore trees I know that in different areas ash trees are very good also but I have my best luck with sycomore and apple trees close to this area....

Latt - good link thanks bro.....

Billy.

Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds

Who's Online

We have 158 guests and no members online

Login