2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Grow Ginseng in Aeroponics

Grow Ginseng in Aeroponics 11 years 5 months ago #21208

• Kujack
  • Kujack's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I'm from Southern Caifornia. The climate and soil zone are not suitable to grow ginseng outdoor.
I have embark on pilot study of trying to sprout 100 rootlets in aeropinics.
Has anyone try to grow ginseng indoor hydroponically? Please provide suggestions.

I'm novice in growing ginseng.

Thanks in advance

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Grow Ginseng in Aeroponics 11 years 5 months ago #21220

Let us know how that works out for you.

Re:Grow Ginseng in Aeroponics 11 years 5 months ago #21225

Are you going to use an aeroponic mister? or are you using an aeroponic fogger? good luck and keep us informed.

Re:Grow Ginseng in Aeroponics 11 years 5 months ago #21236

I know nothing about Aeroponics but good luck!

I hate to say it but if growing Ginseng takes off in California, then the California Legislature will soon get involved and some type of ban will probably follow.:ohmy: I just hope that the ban doesn't migrate across the entire U.S. like the gun bans, magazine/clip bans and whatnot!:unsure: Therefore, I declare now that \"I have the right to dig and bear any and all Ginseng\" in my possession. Does anyone know what Constitutional Amendment that this falls under?B)

Frank

Re:Grow Ginseng in Aeroponics 11 years 5 months ago #21243

Im not sure it could be grown profitably indoors at all. Naturally it would have a cultivated appearance and bring bottom dollar so, you are going to need quantity to make it worth your while. I would say the cost of operating would exceed any gains that could be had..... Kinda like trying to grow corn or soybeans and make a profit aeroponicly. If it's just for a hobby then go for it. I would also imagine the root growing outside the aeropot and swelling and you having to cut it out of the pot or cut the pot off of it. Let us know how it goes though. Say you live in Southern California Huh??? What other Aeroponic operations you got goin down there?:laugh:

Hillhopper

Re:Grow Ginseng in Aeroponics 11 years 5 months ago #21357

I'd have to agree with Hillhopper!

Re:Grow Ginseng in Aeroponics 11 years 5 months ago #21360

John aka Kojak if you want to grow some gingseng in California I suggest you buy 1/2 lb of 3 year old rootlets 25-35 count. Get some 6 in containers, some quality potting soil, and grow your 35 pots in a shaded area. That would be much simpler than hydroponics. Unless you just want an excuse to buy a hydroponic system. You can grow gingseng outside with no worry of repercussions of it being seen. Good luck. Mt Dan

Re:Grow Ginseng in Aeroponics 11 years 5 months ago #21361

Since Kujack lives in Southern California, how will he create a change of Seasons environment? Ginseng has a regular cycle that it must follow and without a period of dormancy as in winter, I doubt that it would survive for much more than a year!

Frank

Re:Grow Ginseng in Aeroponics 11 years 5 months ago #21367

Don't think Kujack was all that serious anyway since he ain't checked his own post from last week. Just as well cause ginseng ain't going to grow in Southern California anyway.
Just sayin,
Latt

Re:Grow Ginseng in Aeroponics 11 years 5 months ago #21371

Do you think that Kujack may be trying to cross Ginseng with another herb that is the favorite of many Californians?:woohoo: If it could be done, it would give a whole new meaning to the excuse, \"But Officer it is for medicinal purposes only and I have a prescription from my Doctor\"!:ohmy: I wonder if it would cause a more intense or less intense case of the munchies????!!!!:)

Frank

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds

Who's Online

We have 448 guests and no members online

Login