2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Thoughts on Ginko Biloba trees near Ginseng Patches

Thoughts on Ginko Biloba trees near Ginseng Patches 12 years 3 months ago #16224

I'm just now getting around to planting my seeds.Having to work to survive right now and the Ginseng Planting had to take the back burner.In the patch that I am working on right now there is plenty of shade over half of the patch.The Lower Half is going to be a Little Sunnier than I want.The Guy who I work for is letting me plant the Lot for Half of the proceeds in 10-12 Years.He is also paying for half of the Material Needed.Although I am not going to even ask for 1/2 for the seeds and Fertilizer.I have been looking for some trees to go along the outside of the beds on the Western Side.This is a Multi Million dollar Property and I would like to find a Slighty unusual type of tree to grow.I was thinking about getting Bradford pears but am afraid that those wouldn't last long seeing as how the wind is a constant 40-50 MPH off of the Lake during the winter.Poplar is out of the Question since the Dock is only 20-30 ft away from the bank and I don't want to cause any damage to it.there are several Maples there and doing good but again they grow tall.I have been reading up on the Ginko Biloba trees and figure that they would add some different color to the landscape during the fall.I've read Also that they have a Waxy type leaf thicker than North American trees.I already have enough Oak leaves to deal with Mulching and Addding to the Poplar,Maple,Hickory Trees that I already have.Anyone have any Experience with the Ginko Trees?I'm sure that someone from China,Korea Etc. may have some experience.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Thoughts on Ginko Biloba trees near Ginseng Patches 12 years 3 months ago #16251

Jughead- Don't you have woods on this property? Our favorite crop is mighty finicky....

Re:Thoughts on Ginko Biloba trees near Ginseng Patches 12 years 3 months ago #16259

Yes it is woods and it's on the northern facing side of the Mountain.It had Solamon seal,Blood Root and Black Cohosh growing on it but the boss had it completely cleared and I treated all of the underbrush stumps etc.to the western facing side at the bottom of the lot there was a Medium sized Maple that was Cut 2 years ago.I'm just wantin to replace it to add a little bit of shade during the evening Hours between 6-8 PM during the summer Months.I know Ginseng will grow on the lot because I dug 3 Pretty good sized roots 2 Years ago.To Replace some of the under growth that has been cleared I will be transplanting maiden Hair fern in the beds.If it were my property I would just leave the under Growth grow but since this is a Highly Landscaped Property I have to Kind of Landscape the wooded Lot also and Keep the trees,grape vines etc from coming back.the only reason I'm planting on this property is because I'm there 7 days a week rain,snow or Shine.The boss will be putting up Security camera's too.When this lot is done I have 120 Acres to plant next year that is completely under video surveillance and he has Pressed Charges against trespassers.Believe me this Place already has some major Ginseng Infestations already on it.;) After the 120 acres I have another 30 acre tract and a separate 10 acre Tract I can plant on if i live that long.

Re:Thoughts on Ginko Biloba trees near Ginseng Patches 12 years 3 months ago #16266

That sounds like 2 full-time jobs to me. 150 acres? good luck with the work?

Re:Thoughts on Ginko Biloba trees near Ginseng Patches 12 years 3 months ago #16268

Thanks Whit I'll need it.I had Help recruited but they Kind of Quit me.:laugh:

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds

Who's Online

We have 260 guests and no members online

Login