2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2yr plant check

2yr plant check 14 years 9 months ago #1359

ok folks here's my story and I'm sticking to it. I'm a novice from the city and started planting ginseng two years ago on a buddies ranch. First year I planted about 3 lbs. In Nov. we tilled the land in a perfect site, planted covered and left. I came back in late summer and was able to identify some some plants with what could be consider 50 percent return. Last Nov. we did five more pounds. this time I tilled some areas but raked in a good portion. My question is when is the best time to go check on my production or when do the plants start to dormant? I'm also using no pesticide currently. Suggestions?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:2yr plant check 14 years 9 months ago #1361

ok tw right now you can go and check on your plants to see if they came up. My ginseng comes up in Mid april and by the end of April usually everything that is going to come up is up. I live in eastern Ky and ginseng varies on when it comes up according to where you live, but right now it shouldn't matter because seng should be up everywhere.

Re:2yr plant check 14 years 9 months ago #1369

thanks my seng bro.

Re:2yr plant check 14 years 9 months ago #1370

How close together are your plants? If they are very close together,you may need to spray with fungicides,especially in tilled beds.You should buy Scott Persons book-Growing and marketing ginseng,goldenseal and other woodland medicinals.You can order a copy from Ozark Mountain Ginseng web page.He has some good information on ginseng diseases and what fungicides you should use. I plant pretty dense,about 12 per sq.ft. and I spray every week with Maneb or Bordeaux mix. Hope this helps,Lenno

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds

Who's Online

We have 765 guests and no members online

Login