2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Plants dying

Plants dying 14 years 9 months ago #1320

What causes tops to turn red/yellow and fall over this time of year? What can be done about it?

Thanks,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Plants dying 14 years 9 months ago #1328

mhowa i really aint to good with the diseases but i know alternia blight makes the leaves turn yellow it happened in one of my patches one year. It didn't really affect them though but it only got on my mature plants. I did nothing about it except remove the mulch away from it and the next year it was gone. It also didn't make my tops fall over. You really need someone on here with better knowledge to help you. You also need to buy ginseng yellow root and other medicinal plants by scott persons you can get a copy off of amazon.com or hardings ginseng webpage. It covers just about everything you need to know on ginseng. Also i don't know if that is the exact title of the book but trust me whether your a serious gardener or just a beginner it is a must have. Hope i have helped you

Re:Plants dying 14 years 9 months ago #1329

mhowa i really aint to good with the diseases but i know alternia blight makes the leaves turn yellow it happened in one of my patches one year. It didn't really affect them though but it only got on my mature plants. I did nothing about it except remove the mulch away from it and the next year it was gone. It also didn't make my tops fall over. You really need someone on here with better knowledge to help you. You also need to buy ginseng yellow root and other medicinal plants by scott persons you can get a copy off of amazon.com or hardings ginseng webpage. It covers just about everything you need to know on ginseng. Also i don't know if that is the exact title of the book but trust me whether your a serious gardener or just a beginner it is a must have. Hope i have helped you

Re:Plants dying 14 years 9 months ago #1334

It sounds like \"Root Rot\". I have the same problem due to the very wet weather this year. We have been treating the \"soil\" with Subdue GR. We also started using Aliette WDG as a folier treatment. The plant takes the Aliette in through the leaves and into the root to kill the disease. The treatments seem to be working as we are finding less dead plants.

If you dig a root and it seems waterlogged and soft, it most likley is root rot.

One other thing that can cause the tops to turn red and yellow is too much sun. Do you have enough shade?

As hillbilly said, buy the book from Scott Persons, it is a great guide to farming Ginseng.

MMG

Re:Plants dying 14 years 9 months ago #1335

From what I've read so far, it seems likely to be root rot. Anyone know what I can do to control that?

Thanks,

Re:Plants dying 14 years 9 months ago #1336

It sounds like \"Root Rot\". I have the same problem due to the very wet weather this year. We have been treating the \"soil\" with Subdue GR. We also started using Aliette WDG as a folier treatment. The plant takes the Aliette in through the leaves and into the root to kill the disease. The treatments seem to be working as we are finding less dead plants.

If you dig a root and it seems waterlogged and soft, it most likley is root rot.

One other thing that can cause the tops to turn red and yellow is too much sun. Do you have enough shade?

As hillbilly said, buy the book from Scott Persons, it is a great guide to farming Ginseng.

MMG

Re:Plants dying 14 years 9 months ago #1337

I've been trying to find subdue GR, but I can't seem to find any. Where can I purchase some?

Thanks,

Re:Plants dying 14 years 9 months ago #1346

Would subdue MaXX work? Looks to a little easier to find than subdue GR.

Thanks for any help.

Marvin

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds

Who's Online

We have 131 guests and no members online

Login