2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: 'Seng pics

'Seng pics 12 years 7 months ago #11654

Figured out how to post pics, so thought I would post some. Feel free to add yours to it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:'Seng pics 12 years 7 months ago #11655

This is a wild group of 9 plants in a little over a square foot. Its on a East facing dry slope near the middle of the hollow, no signs of problems and it as thick as it is.

Re:'Seng pics 12 years 7 months ago #11664

WildCrafter,

Nice looking seng plants there, berry pods and red berries.

A word of advice to you - pick those red berries and plant them ASAP after they turn red. Something could come along (mouse, chipmunk, deer, etc) and eat em and they could be gone literally over night. That is what happened in my seed producing bed. I had a few nice red berries on and lots of green and thought I would wait until the next weekend to pick the red ones when a few more were ready. Well the next weekend I went out there and found all red berries and all green berries had been eaten.

So - pick those red berries while you can and plant them - that would be my advice.

You got some tall berry stems there too, looks more like mountain seng - similar to what Billy and Chiefton show. Absolutely bueatiful plants.

Also noticed a bit of Blood Root in the last pic at the bottom.

Good Luck to you this year !

TNhunter

Re:'Seng pics 12 years 7 months ago #11671

I agree a 100% with TN hunter which you probably are planting them. I have been out every evening for the past two months digging and selling cohosh and i have seen and planted a lot of berries from seng. I say by me digging cohosh, i have planted a lot of berries that might not have had the chance to survive until season opened.

Re:'Seng pics 12 years 7 months ago #11673

Nice healthy looking plants there!

Re:'Seng pics 12 years 7 months ago #11674

Yep, already planted them, that makes the 2nd time I've been to those wild plants in the last 10 days just to check their berries. My Dad found them back in late Spring and I been watching them all Summer. Went Yesterday to a group of big 'seng a buddy and me found digging Cohosh back in the spring but they had been dug at least a month ago from the looks of it. Knee high plants gone and not a chance this year to produce seed :( Other big plants we checked had been nipped off by deer or had done lost their seed.

Re:'Seng pics 12 years 7 months ago #11684

WildCrafter,

Hate that someone dug those out of season.

It would be nice if there was something \"more\" that could be done to stop that. You know like some easy way to test a root even if dry and tell exactly when it was dug. That would make it easy for those that enforce the law to catch the guys doing that stuff.

It would probably help if States upped the fines for harvesting seng out of season. I think in TN there is a fine of up to 500.00 but that is not enough to put a lot of fear in those early diggers. If they bumped that up to 5000.00 might be a different story.

TNhunter

Re:'Seng pics 12 years 7 months ago #11706

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
To me the 1st offence should carry 30 days in jail,and then they should put a few officers out to enforce it a few times,put that in the paper a few from every county,then fear would come a little to some but alot to others,2nd offence 1 year put a stop to it period.

Re:'Seng pics 12 years 7 months ago #11708

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Very Nice Wildcrafter.

WildCrafter wrote:

This is a wild group of 9 plants in a little over a square foot. Its on a East facing dry slope near the middle of the hollow, no signs of problems and it as thick as it is.

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds

Who's Online

We have 321 guests and no members online

Login