2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Wild simulated Korean Ginseng

Wild simulated Korean Ginseng 15 years 7 months ago #110

• BILL DOE
  • BILL DOE's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Would it be possible or profitable to grow Korean ginseng here? Has anyone tried this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Wild simulated Korean Ginseng 15 years 7 months ago #111

In Korea, it is called \"Jang Nweh Sam\" and people are actually growing them in the secluded mountains in Korea but they are not as valuable as wild ginsengs called \"San Sam\". I would love to hear from somebody who have experience growing wild simulated Korean ginseng here in US.

Last Edit: by mikelee.

Re:Wild simulated Korean Ginseng 15 years 6 months ago #387

• Jonathan Lee
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
ive tried to grow korean ginseng here in the states but didn't work out so well. it requires a level of care that i didn't have.

Re:Wild simulated Korean Ginseng 15 years 6 months ago #444

• BILL DOE
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Jonathan Lee wrote:

ive tried to grow korean ginseng here in the states but didn't work out so well. it requires a level of care that i didn't have.

could you please elaborate on that?

Re:Wild simulated Korean Ginseng 15 years 6 months ago #506

• Jonathan Lee
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
i'm from california and the weather here isn't as cold as it is in Korea/China where red ginseng grows. At least the weather wasn't cold enough for the ginseng i wanted to grow. Then I incurred problems of selling the ginseng and couldn't find a market to sell it in. I tried to do this on the side, as a part-time job and it didn't work out. Just my experience with it, maybe yours will be different.

Re:Wild simulated Korean Ginseng 15 years 6 months ago #509

• BILL DOE
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I thought it might be something like that. I wonder if the northeast has a suitable climate? It would be a big suprise to walk up on a bunch of those plants in the woods.

Re:Wild simulated Korean Ginseng 15 years 6 months ago #513

Hi Bill, I am not familiar with Korean ginseng. How is it different from our sang? You said about walking up on it in the woods, how would you know that it's the Korean? It might grow here in the North East.
I didn't think that our sang grew anywhere west of the Mississippi. The having a market thing would definetely be a hinderence.
Are you still on second shift? I thought about stopping in to see you some evening.

Re:Wild simulated Korean Ginseng 15 years 6 months ago #516

• BILL DOE
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I thought I read somwhere that the Korean ginseng was a lot bigger than the American, but after looking around for some pictures, it seems that they look very similar. I must have been thinking about Siberian ginseng. Siberian sang grows much taller and has black colored berries on it. I wonder if it will grow here.
Stop by work some time. I'm always here. At least it seems that way. Still second shift.

Re:Wild simulated Korean Ginseng 15 years 6 months ago #517

I would caution growing sang for its size as the Chinese are not interested in big ginseng. They are interested in good quality stuff. I will try to stop in.

Re:Wild simulated Korean Ginseng 9 years 8 months ago #29499

What part of California did you try to grow in ?

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds

Who's Online

We have 80 guests and no members online

Login