2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng

TOPIC: On the subject of Green Seeds

Re:On the subject of Green Seeds 12 years 5 months ago #15098

Bryan,
You are good to go. If they have those little tails sticking out that is a good sign and yes they will go dormant this time of year. Just be sure to avoid knocking those little tails off. If they do get knocked off the seed will not grow next spring and will die. Make sure you try to get 1/2 inch of soil on top the seeds if possible when you plant them as well as a good layer of leaf litter. Avoid covering with too many oak leaves thou.
Good luck,
Latt

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:On the subject of Green Seeds 12 years 5 months ago #15100

Thank you for the info, now I wish more of them were doing that!
Thanks

Re:On the subject of Green Seeds 7 years 8 months ago #38843

Just wanted to bump this up has information for us newbies and for some reason it wouldn't let me go to the first pages. did a search and got page 3

Thank you

Re:On the subject of Green Seeds 7 years 8 months ago #38847

Does the same thing to me It will not allow me to see a whole thread and the pages within. Only the last one, not sure why .

Re:On the subject of Green Seeds 7 years 8 months ago #38850

I just tried it and it works fine. Just go Page below and click on start. That takes you to page 1.

If that does not work go back to the forum page and click on \"Growing Ginseng\" and then click on \"On the subject of green seed\"

Re:On the subject of Green Seeds 7 years 8 months ago #38861

OK, in yalls opinion. Who sells the best seed and rootlets??
Im about to place an order.

Re:On the subject of Green Seeds 7 years 8 months ago #38862

Latt I am still new to how this whole site works I only know some of it's features but I am starting to get the hang of it a little better . But when I go to a thread like the one we are in now talking it has the pages within the thread like 12345 ect at the bottom. When I click on like page 1 or any page basically other than the last one it does not show up. But when I go to where it shows a topic within the forum sections beside the name of the new thread it has page numbers and i just click on 1 and it works . So long as i can see the start of the conversation it is ok by me.

Jaybird why are you buying seed this time of year ? You planting real early .

Re:On the subject of Green Seeds 7 years 8 months ago #38863

Im just going to secure my order. They will not ship it until fall.

Re:On the subject of Green Seeds 7 years 8 months ago #38864

I forgot that you could do that jaybird. Preorder I mean.I would recommend you a good place but I have only tried one and that is not enough to be able to tell if they are worth recommending . Plus I would doubt the people here at this site would like anybody doing so.Have a good one and good luck on finding the good seed.

Re:On the subject of Green Seeds 7 years 8 months ago #38898

Heck, it' seng season in two weeks! Nature has already started planting.

On the subject of green seeds, well, I would love to help anyone through a p.m., but I won't front out the two companies that sold me green seed in the fall of 2014 in an open forum. Luckily, I don't get excited and that one year that I got set behind won't hurt much, especially since I only ordered a couple ounces from each of them seed sellers and the 10 lbs. I got from wildgrown.com came up as advertised. I know for sure I got green seeds from the two aforementioned seed sellers because they came up nice and thick this year. At least they came up!

Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds

Who's Online

We have 189 guests and no members online

Login