* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
misc roots and herbs
  • Page:

TOPIC: Wild indigo root wanted

Wild indigo root wanted 9 years 4 months ago #33953

wild indigo root wanted:
I will ask any of the root diggers that are familiar with a plant commonly growing in Ginseng regions
named Baptisia tinctoria alias \"wild indigo or horsefly weed\"
to please get in touch with me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. as I have a good demand for the dried roots
and wish to negotiate contracts to purchase them.
I have inserted this link for your plant species reference: plants.usda.gov/core/profile?symbol=bati

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Wild indigo root wanted 8 years 10 months ago #35684

Indigo plants will be blooming very soon and very easy to spot from a distance.
Look for Indigo on poor ground, in disturbed areas, in right of ways, in old fields on the edge of woods.

Re:Wild indigo root wanted 8 years 8 months ago #36531

Wild indigo Baptisia tinctoria (L.) or aka: horsefly weed, clover bloom, cream wild indigo, dyer's baptisia, false indigo, indigo bromm, indigo weed, rattlebush, rattleweed, yellow broom, yellow wild indigo, anil tinctoria has finished blooming and by now started setting those small pillow shaped seed pods that rattle when shaken. The leaves, stems and seed pods are beginning to turn darker and from a green to an indigo blue and eventually black. plants.usda.gov/core/profile?symbol=bati

We are also in need of black culver's root Veronicastrum virginicum (L.) or aka: culver's root, beaumont root, black root, blackroot, bowman's root, Brinton root, culver's physic, high veronica, leptandra, physic root, tall speedwell, whorly wort, whorleywortculebrina, purgante de culver, rai'z de culver, rai'z negra, vero'nica

The bloom period is almost if not already finished in most of this species' native range. Please consult these links for further information:
plants.usda.gov/core/profile?symbol=VEVI4
plants.usda.gov/factsheet/pdf/fs_vevi4.pdf

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds

Who's Online

We have 328 guests and no members online

Login