TOPIC: are these field mushrooms

are these field mushrooms 8 years 5 months ago #37640

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:are these field mushrooms 8 years 5 months ago #37641

Attachments:

Re:are these field mushrooms 8 years 5 months ago #37642

The gills are not connected to the stem. Got hundreds in my meadows this yr so hopefully they're so I can stock up thxs
Attachments:

Re:are these field mushrooms 8 years 5 months ago #37643

That is a meadow mushroom. They are found this time of year in the woods and in grass. If the lawn is not treated I eat them. I love them. They remind me of a portobello mushroom. If the bottom is pink light, brown and even dark brown then they are good. If the gills are white do not eat them as they are something other than a Pink bottom/meadow mushroom and could make you sick or kill you. I believe they are in the Agaricus family. Hope I spelled Agaricus correctly.
Anyway, if you have any mushroom experts near by please check with them before you eat them. I do not want to steer you wrong.
I am 99.999999999% sure I am correct.
Latt

Re:are these field mushrooms 8 years 5 months ago #37644

Thxs latt
I have a really good book on edible mushrooms. Lots of good detailed pics n good explanation too. U r the best expert I know when it comes to mushrooms and around here I'm the expert that i know of lol. Plus the only fertilizer these will get r from my beef cows.:laugh:

Re:are these field mushrooms 8 years 5 months ago #37645

lol,
Enjoy. If you have never eaten these I would consume a little bit first. Then if all goes well which I am sure it will then knock yourself out. I fry them up in butter and oil and put them over steak and in Omelets etc. I love them.
Latt

Re:are these field mushrooms 7 years 10 months ago #38417

Hey there, I found these today in West Central Ohio. Really nice large Agaricus (Field Mushrooms).
Here is a pic of the ones I picked today below. Also a nice website below to that tells about Agaricus.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agaricus_bisporus
Attachments:

Re:are these field mushrooms 7 years 10 months ago #38418

Hey there, I found these today in West Central Ohio. Really nice large Agaricus (Field Mushrooms).
Here is a pic of the ones I picked today below. Also a nice website below to that tells about Agaricus. The big ones in the pic are over 7 inches wide. Yum.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agaricus_bisporus
Attachments:

Re:are these field mushrooms 7 years 10 months ago #38419

Very nice latt the biggest ones I got were as bout 4 inches

Re:are these field mushrooms 7 years 10 months ago #38421

Hobbler,
This particular species is the Agaricus arvensis sometimes called the horse mushroom. Same species as the ones you picked and taste the same. However, the Agaricus arvensis get up to 11 inches wide at times.
Also these were growing in a Fairy ring which is common for the Agaricus.

grandpacliff.com/Fungi/FairyRings.htm

Latt

Moderators: latttrahn007Shroomdawg
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds

Who's Online

We have 566 guests and no members online

Login