2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Baby Morels

Baby Morels 10 years 11 months ago #22521

Off to a good start here in Ohio. These have doubled in size since we put this video together over the weekend. Going to pick these this Wed night. They should be about 4 to 6 inches by Wed night. Yes morels grow. If you do not believe it then keep picking them with little reward. When conditions are right they grow. We just got a nice rain Sunday and that really helps them to grow.

Latt

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Baby Morels 10 years 11 months ago #22527

Latt, Those are some nice morels. I think our season is about done here, been finding the big yellows for a few days now. I have never got a morel to grow, I have left them for a couple of weeks with good rain and temps, but they did not grow.

Re:Baby Morels 10 years 11 months ago #22528

I quit trying to convince people they grow. The ones in this video were picked tonight and are almost twice the size they were in this video from Sunday. It all depends on the conditions.
Latt

Re:Baby Morels 10 years 11 months ago #22531

Yep morels sure do grow. Been growing mushrooms for over 20 years. Any mushroom will double in size every 24hrs if the conditions are right. I've found those conditions are 65-70F and 90RH. Those conditions are hard to match in nature, but just adjust when needed. Low RH and winds will shut a morel season down quick.

Latt been a slow warm up here in PA, just the way I like them. Have been hitting the blacks and will be switching to yellows next week. Good Luck All!

Re:Baby Morels 10 years 11 months ago #22542

Lenno amd Trahn007,
I this an interesting year for sure. been finding yellows, greys and DP's all in the same woods simultaneously growing at the same time and at different ages or stages

Lenno I had a couple small ones marked from 3 days ago. They have tripled in size. However you are correct also. The fresh ones that popped right beside the ones I had marked that weren't there 3 days ago are the same size as the ones I left to grow. So they do grow and fresh ones can pop big too.
Latt

• Page:
Moderators: latttrahn007Shroomdawg
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds

Who's Online

We have 136 guests and no members online

Login