2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Where does the price get set at?

Where does the price get set at? 12 years 5 months ago #13882

I have often wondered how the dealers know how much to pay, and when to pay more or drop their price. I have searched the internet and ask my local dealer how he knows what to pay and he said his people called him and let him know what to do. question is how do they know I cant find a stock ticker or any other information online?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Where does the price get set at? 11 years 1 month ago #22132

I recently attended the 1st Annual International Ginseng conferance, where a topic of discussion was
\"BE THE PRICE SETTERS, NOT THE PRICE TAKERS.\"

GOOD PHILOSOPHY, EH?

Re:Where does the price get set at? 11 years 1 month ago #22143

The price gets set about 3 weeks into the season after everyone calls everyone else and finds out what they are paying. There is no 1 entity that sets the price, if there is his name is HSU. A dealer that i know gets his price from his buyers, he gets a general price and then is told to buy as low as possible, if the flow of ginseng is a trickle then they slowly bump up the price, if they start to get flooded then they drop the price. The point is there is such a huge markup that it is a win win for everyone except the digger.

Re:Where does the price get set at? 11 years 1 month ago #22146

It should be taken into consideration that with the amount of property to legally hunt sane on is diminishing. The state of N.C. has purchased Thousands of acres for natural areas. They are 24 groups buying land in N.C. for what they call conservation. I know of over a thousand acres I have lost the past two years.These were private lands that now are patrolled on horseback. The previous land owners were happy to let me hunt sane cause they knew I would plant back now I've lost the right to retrieve what I have worked for. These events alone should have a dramatic effect on the price for wild sane. It is happening all over the U.S. I Think it has something to do with the U.N. treaty known as AGENDA 21. Look it up.

Re:Where does the price get set at? 11 years 1 month ago #22147

wise1,looked up agenda 21, what is our country comming to? Kinda scary.

Re:Where does the price get set at? 11 years 1 month ago #22148

Yea, thats when all semi-auto rifles and 30 round clips will come in handy!

Hillhopper

Re:Where does the price get set at? 11 years 1 month ago #22150

Yeah hillhopper you are right ,But they are making it harder and harder to obtain weapons. Part of the plan I suppose.My point in posting that is we are losing land to legally hunt sane on so that should be a reasonably fact to demand a higher price. From what I understand from the Game wardens and Park rangers ,local law enforcement. The fines for riding a atv or dirtbike on the property s they have obtained are stiff. A trip to Asheville jail and up to $5000.00 cash fine and Jail sentence to go along with that. As well as they Take your atv and you don't get it back. Could you imagine if you wondered out of bounds walking home with a sack full of sane? Probably take your house. This topic should have its own post I feel its important I didn't mean to get off subject.

Re:Where does the price get set at? 11 years 1 month ago #22153

They wnat to take our guns so we cant shoot the spy drones out of the sky.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds

Who's Online

We have 675 guests and no members online

Login