2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Selling Together (Middle Tennessee)

Selling Together (Middle Tennessee) 13 years 5 months ago #7373

Hey Middle Tennessee seng diggers.

Just wondering how many of you might be interested in trying to organize a group sell here in the Middle TN area somewhere ?

Like possibly around Franklin TN ?

Franklin is easy access by interstate.

I have a few other digger friends and together we could bring around 20 lbs for a group sale.

I guess even if you were not in Mid TN - but might be interested in selling with a group in Franklin TN - you would be welcome to join in.

Just wanted to toss this out there and see who all might be interested and what kind of total dry ginseng weight we would have to offer at a group sell.

Any ideas or suggestions you have on this - feel free to post here.

We'll see where it goes.

Thanks

TNhunter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Selling Together (Middle Tennessee) 13 years 5 months ago #7380

TNhunter, I would be glad to join in. It's about a fifty min drive to franklin from where I live in Smith County so thats not a big deal. I don't have much to add to the pot though, I transpanted alot that I dug and only dried around a pound. My dealer here is currently offerin $625 for small amounts. What is it in your neck of the woods?

Re:Selling Together (Middle Tennessee) 13 years 5 months ago #7386

Hillhopper,

I have not really checked on prices but a couple weekends ago I happened to run into a local seng buyer and he offered me and my partner 600.00/lb.

We have not sold to this person in a few years because he is usually 20-30.00/lb less than the guy we have been selling to over in a nearby county.

I do plan to check around on prices again perhaps later this week and will post what I find. I have made a list of dealer names/numbers from 5 dealers near my area and planned to give them all a call and see what they say.

When I get that done I will post the details here.

Not sure of the best way to try and organize a group selling.

I guess we could just pick a place to meet in Franklin (or something like that), perhaps at a Resturant that would let us meet, eat and deal in a separate type party/business meeting room area.

If we had enough that would gather, and say had 100 lbs of seng to offer, I bet several of our local buyers (from the Mid-TN area) might just join us there and bid on our seng.

We could do something like a sealed bid, where each buyer writes down his offer after inspecting the lot, and then we find out who the high bidder is.

Individual sellers might want to be able to accept or reject the offer though - depending on price offered.

Not sure how to best work that out.

If you or others have any thoughts on that - shout em out here.

I am just tossing out ideas, and would sure welcome others.

Thanks

TNhunter

Re:Selling Together (Middle Tennessee) 13 years 5 months ago #7403

TNhunter,It sounds good to me, jus let me know what you and your friends come up with.

I can see that in the restaraunt now, as a patron asks the waitress \"Whats the deal with the hillbillys\"....she replies \"Oh thats just the Seng diggers\" :laugh:

Re:Selling Together (Middle Tennessee) 13 years 5 months ago #7406

If i did'nt live in Ky. I would be one of them old sang diggers just a sitting there

Re:Selling Together (Middle Tennessee) 11 years 7 months ago #19872

Posting moved to the Buying & Selling Ginseng main forum.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds

Who's Online

We have 538 guests and no members online

Login