2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New to Selling in Ohio

New to Selling in Ohio 10 years 6 months ago #23884

I am new to selling ginseng in Ohio and have a few questions. We rent my Great Granmdmother's farm and she has given us permission to harvest. We are trying to figure out if we need a notarized paper or not. She is 92 and will be a chore to get her to a notary. Thanks for your help!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:New to Selling in Ohio 10 years 6 months ago #23895

Hi sunwyn,

You don't need her to notarize anything. As long as you have written permission, you are good to go. Be sure to keep records of what you harvest by county, and by day. This information will have to be given to the dealer to whom you sell.

Prior to the end of last year, if digger said they harvested 1lb 2oz from ABC County, between the dates of 9/1 and 9/15, we would write the harvest of that county on one line. Date of harvest: 9/1-9/15. However, they put the kabosh on that. We now much have a separate entry for EVERY DAY you harvest ginseng. More work for everyone.

Re:New to Selling in Ohio 10 years 6 months ago #23936

Thanks for the prompt answer. This is a great relief to know we won't have to have her make a trip out. I have a note book that I am keeping with the daily stats. It looks like a lot to harvest here as she has never harvested before and she has owned the property since 1960.

Re:New to Selling in Ohio 10 years 6 months ago #23937

No problem. That's the kind of place we all hope to find.

Remember, quality over quantity and you will be digging top dollar ginseng well into the future. Be sure to give me a call before you are ready to sell your roots.

• Page:
Moderators: BCastle
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds

Who's Online

We have 581 guests and no members online

Login