* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your questions and answers about Goldenseal herb
  • Page:

TOPIC: Current Yellow Root Prices

Re:Current Yellow Root Prices 11 years 8 months ago #18336

Wow! Latt,
Usually 2to3 gallons of goldenseal berries. Do you ever sell the roots and tops?

rootman

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Current Yellow Root Prices 11 years 8 months ago #18337

No I have not sold roots or plant tops for 35 years. I pick the berries and let them ferment the pulp off in a 5 gallon bucket half full of water. Then I end up with a pound to a pound and a half of seeds. I plant them rake and scatter method and give some away to friends too. I was really looking forward to getting some seed this year to plant in a new woods. This new woods has a ton of woodland plants like blood root, wild cucumber, false solomans seal, trillium, jack-n-the-pulpit etc but no goldenseal or ginseng. I planted some golden seal and ginseng seed in there last year but really wanted to plant about an acre or so of goldenseal seed this late fall and early winter.
Oh well maybe next year.
Latt

Re:Current Yellow Root Prices 11 years 8 months ago #18338

I sold my goldenseal roots for 21 a pound Saturday. Was offered 5 per pound for the tops, but I am going to hold them for a while longer. Latt, same here on the goldenseal berries. Maybe 1 plant out of 200 has a berry this year. I hope it is better next year.

Re:Current Yellow Root Prices 11 years 7 months ago #19062

ive been trying to find out when the season is for goldenseal here in ohio. from what ive gathered i think it is year round, or close to it. its like that in surrounding states, but i wanted to make sure before i dig anything. any help would be great, even if it is just telling me that im correct=)

Re:Current Yellow Root Prices 11 years 7 months ago #19083

You are correct, there is no closed season for digging goldenseal. I usually get out and dig a little every year. I wait until July when the berries have already ripened, but a guy could dig in early May shortly after they emerge if he wanted.

Re:Current Yellow Root Prices 11 years 7 months ago #19089

thank you very much! looks like i have something to do now to pass the 9 days till ginseng comes in season.

Re:Current Yellow Root Prices 11 years 6 months ago #19575

Prices for goldenseal are back up a little from the spring. I am paying around $20/dry pound (VERY clean and no mold). I might be able to do a little better if in combination with a good lot of ginseng.

• Page:
Moderators: jimsanger
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds

Who's Online

We have 352 guests and no members online

Login