2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your questions and answers about Goldenseal herb
  • Page:

TOPIC: What happened to goldenseal prices?

What happened to goldenseal prices? 12 years 7 months ago #13060

My dad dealt with goldenseal years ago and it seemed like it was over $30 per pound. Why has it dropped off so much? Any Ideas? Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:What happened to goldenseal prices? 12 years 7 months ago #13067

Mtndig wrote:

My dad dealt with goldenseal years ago and it seemed like it was over $30 per pound. Why has it dropped off so much? Any Ideas? Thanks

People with money started cultivating acres of it and of course flooded the market. Unlike ginseng it does'nt matter if it's tame.

rootman

Re:What happened to goldenseal prices? 12 years 7 months ago #13097

Thanks for the info..i am new to forum and mostly dig ginseng. I was looking for other roots to dig. Any ideas?

Re:What happened to goldenseal prices? 12 years 7 months ago #13128

besides seng i did yellow root, black cohosh , virginia snakeroot, wild yam, and stoneroot,, and a few more but you dont make any money off them

Re:What happened to goldenseal prices? 12 years 7 months ago #13154

greenupcountydigger wrote:

besides seng i did yellow root, black cohosh , virginia snakeroot, wild yam, and stoneroot,, and a few more but you dont make any money off them

Blood root,Blue cohosh and ginger(canadian snakeroot)..I pick also with the roots listed above.Black cohosh is a pain in the back side to clean.Blue cohosh there was no market or very little market for it this season.You need to see what they are buying before digging.Bloodroot I sold for 10 a pound.easy to clean and dry.

Re:What happened to goldenseal prices? 12 years 7 months ago #13167

I know what bloodroot is, but dont think there is much round these parts. Do you dig a lot of it?

• Page:
Moderators: jimsanger
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds

Who's Online

We have 271 guests and no members online

Login