* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your questions and answers about Goldenseal herb
  • Page:

TOPIC: golden seal question

golden seal question 12 years 6 months ago #12771

Hi folks im new to this site and have found it to be very helpful. I have began my quest this year to become a rooter! I have recently found a very good location of golden seal My question is when harvesting the roots, am I suppossed to be harvesting the stem also any info would be greatly appriciated. I have been studying and searching for ginseng for 4 years now with no luck. however this year I have located and harvested Bloodroot, black and blue cohosh, salomons seal and golden seal still havent identified yellow root and seng!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:golden seal question 12 years 6 months ago #12778

i'm pretty sure golden seal and yellow root is the same thing, you can also sale the tops with yellow root, i think last year the guy i sold to bought the top for like .50 cents a pound, unless you have someone cleaning the roots and putting the tops and roots in a diff. bag about isn't worth packing the two bags around yourself, sold my yellow root for 30.00 a pound last year

Re:golden seal question 12 years 6 months ago #12801

Sold my goldenseal tops for 3 dollars a pound dry this summer. It usually averages about a pound tops per pound roots. If you dig a lot of goldenseal it all adds up more than you might think.

Re:golden seal question 12 years 6 months ago #12802

there is a yellow root and golden seal, i think it jusdt depends on where your at which its called, in the books what i call yellowroot is called golden seal, the yellow root looks like some kinda tree or bush, i seen a video on youtube of a guy in georgia digging it once, last i heard the tops were 3 a pound, but they aint worth it to me

Re:golden seal question 12 years 6 months ago #12803

if your gonna keep the tops, the easiest way i found to do it is to bundle them up and take a seperate top and tie em up, kinda like they did tobacco years ago

Re:golden seal question 12 years 6 months ago #12834

thanks for the info it really does help,I still havent had any luck spottn seng Ive asked alot of people who have hunted it in the past if they would go out huntin with me but nobody seem interested in it around my area would be great if you guys know of anyone close to me here in ohio that would like to go and teach me the ropes! At this point Im planning on heading out into the woods and not coming back till I find seng! so if you dont hear from me in the next few days you'll know I aint found the little boogers.

Re:golden seal question 12 years 6 months ago #12867

where are u at in ohio??

Re:golden seal question 12 years 6 months ago #12870

Im in caldwell Ohio right along I-77 between Cambridge Ohio and ParkersburgeWv./Marietta Ohio I have pretty Flexible hours so If anyone would be interested or passing through I could do it split second! I did read into the posts more and have realized I have been looking abot a foot to high off the ground lol.

Re:golden seal question 12 years 6 months ago #12897

CPD - I live in Cambridge and would be happy to tag along with you some time if you'd like. Give me a call at 260-3084 after 7 pm if you're interested. My work schedule is kinda screwy, but we might be able to get something lined up.

• Page:
Moderators: jimsanger
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds

Who's Online

We have 360 guests and no members online

Login