2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Decided I am not selling this year......

Re:Decided I am not selling this year...... 15 years 4 months ago #944

Nice pic of the Goldenseal,,,I was always interested in it,,,but its protected in Minnesota. I sure like all the pics related to the outdoors,,,helps pass the time up here in the cold northland!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Decided I am not selling this year...... 15 years 4 months ago #945

Northern, Goldenseal is getting harder to find good patches here too.It is a hardy plant and comes back well after a patch is dug but takes a few years.Here's another pic do you have these up there in Minn?
Attachments:

Re:Decided I am not selling this year...... 15 years 4 months ago #946

hey guys new to the forum. found the site awhile back and love it. But anyway i also am setting on a pound and wont sell it. I dont have a whole lot of time to go since i am a forest ranger in east ky and i am busiest during the best time to be sanging. but one good thing about it i find some pretty good places to go while working.

Re:Decided I am not selling this year...... 15 years 4 months ago #948

Hey Hunt,,,nice Morels!! My Sangin partner (Tooler) hunts for the Morels,,,I went this past year for the first time,,,went a week too early?? But I plan on going next spring and hope to have better results! Keep posting them pics,,,anything outdoors is cool!! And Hillbilly,,man you got a nice job!! We too are sitting on about a pound and a quarter,,,ain't gonna sell till that price goes up!

Re:Decided I am not selling this year...... 15 years 4 months ago #949

I do a lot of mushroom hunting in the spring usually find about 1500 give most of them to family and friends I start hunting the last week of march and go through the month of april

Re:Decided I am not selling this year...... 15 years 4 months ago #950

Re:Decided I am not selling this year...... 15 years 4 months ago #954

Chieftain, Looks like you got your new puter working just fine, nice shroons. You can't beat eatin a nice mess with some fried bluegill in the spring.I almost like finding mushrooms as much as I do Ginseng.Also like finding deer sheds in the spring.
Northern bet you will get into shroon'in this spring glad to hear you can find them up in the cold country.
sang1 sounds like you enjoy mushroom hunting too.Ever tried freezing them?
Hey Hillbilly can't beat a job where you get out in the woods!

Re:Decided I am not selling this year...... 15 years 4 months ago #955

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Hey guys the are some nice picks around here we call those

Hickory Chickens

and they are coveted by almost everyone :)I love to eat them also.

Re:Decided I am not selling this year...... 15 years 4 months ago #957

• jeremy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hey billy i have never in my life heard them called that but i guess it all depends on where u live, but i don't live to far from u i live in pike county ky, and around here we call them dry land fish. i can eat them till i get sick

Re:Decided I am not selling this year...... 15 years 4 months ago #958

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Jeremy I have herd them called dry land fish and that is a name common for them here in Bell Co- also and Harlan co- and I love em to man they are good eating.

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds

Who's Online

We have 186 guests and no members online

Login