2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Decided I am not selling this year......

Re:Decided I am not selling this year...... 15 years 4 months ago #926

Nice pic Billy and Chief,,,we didn't get as cold as forecasted,,,we have 11 degrees. Lots of the small ponds and lakes are skimmed over with ice. Getting all my ice fishing equipment organized,,,thats a fun winter activity,,,lots of lakes in our area to fish. Lots of cool ice fishing stuff a guy can buy,,,good way to spend time in the cold north!! Hope everybody has a GREAT Thanksgiving....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Decided I am not selling this year...... 15 years 4 months ago #927

Hey Northern is it Walleye that you ice fish for up there? Bluegill and bass here if it gets cold enough.... Nice looking Bobcat Billy,how did you get him?

Re:Decided I am not selling this year...... 15 years 4 months ago #929

Hi Hunt,,,yeah, we fish walleye,,northern pike,,crappie, sunnies and perch. The perch and walleye are the best tasting,,,although a bunch of sunfish are hard to beat!! Hopefully I'll get out a lot this winter and try to post a few pics if l'm lucky.

Re:Decided I am not selling this year...... 15 years 4 months ago #930

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Thanks huntndig we shot him our season just opened a few days ago for bobcat.

Re:Decided I am not selling this year...... 15 years 4 months ago #931

Guys, always glad to see pics of any thing that has to do with the outdoors.Here's one of some yellow root I dug in Oct.Does anybody else here dig yellow root (Goldenseal) ?

Re:Decided I am not selling this year...... 15 years 4 months ago #932

Had to make pic smaller
Attachments:

Re:Decided I am not selling this year...... 15 years 4 months ago #934

I am trying to get some Goldenseal established around here. One guy told me to plant it in wet spots and someone else said it doesn't do good in wet spots, that it needs to be in the same spots as seng. Which is correct? Any I planted where wet has not done well at all. I need to plant more.

Do you sell the roots? If so PM me.

Re:Decided I am not selling this year...... 15 years 4 months ago #938

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
We have alot of yellow root around here but it doesent pay that well out here.That is some very good looking root you have their very brite in color,and good for the stomach.

Re:Decided I am not selling this year...... 15 years 4 months ago #939

Dieslrider Yellow root grows well in woods where you find ginseng I have found seng right in a patch of yellowroot.But it seems to also grow in places where you won't find seng,like on south sides of hlls or where its dry.So it seems you could grow it about anywhere in the woods.The best patches I have found are on hill sides that have loose soil.I sell it to the same guy that buys my ginseng but it only went for 22 lb this season.So if you find some good patches you can make a little money.I just like digging and being in the woods the money is a little reward for having a good day with nature!!I dug what is in the picture in about 4 hours not sure exactly what that weighed but probably around 3 lbs.

Billy I have heard yellowroot is good for stomach problems,sure is a beautiful root when its washed well.

Re:Decided I am not selling this year...... 15 years 4 months ago #942

• Chieftain
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
trying a new computer...we will see how it go's.....

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds

Who's Online

We have 165 guests and no members online

Login