I just wanted to take time and Wish Everyone a Very Merry Christmas! :cheer:
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Merry Christmas!!! 13 years 4 months ago #8214

you have a good one too ,5

Re:Merry Christmas!!! 13 years 3 months ago #8218

Hope you all have a GREAT Christmas.

We have a bit of a white Christmas here in Middle TN this Christmas morning. Got some freezing rain/sleet last night and then this morning snow flurries. Not a lot of accumulation but it is still comming down.

Kids have been up since 5 am, presents opened, just activated my 13 year old daughters straighttalk phone (with qwerty keyboard) big smiles on her face :-)

I got a electronic game caller and plan to make it hard on some yotes out back here in the next week or two.

We will be heading over to my wifes mothers house for a big Christmas morning breakfast here in a bit. She makes homemade biscuits, eggs, gravy, ham, etc and after getting stuffed we will open presents over there, then on over to my Mom's house where we do the same thing again.

Anyway - hope you all have a Great Christmas Day and a Happy and Prosperous New Year.

TNhunter

Re:Merry Christmas!!! 13 years 3 months ago #8219

My wife got me a Garret Ace 150 metal detector for Christmas. I love the woods and look forward to hitting them as soon as the snow melts. I told her I think its really interesting and she surprised me with one. I hope to find some old coins or some old military buttons or old bullets or any thing historic. I am not to interested in hitting the public beach to look for newer coins. I am interested in old coins or artifacts.
Anyone ever give this a try. I used to laugh at the old guys combing the beach with the metal detectors and look at me now. lol
Latt

Re:Merry Christmas!!! 13 years 3 months ago #8220

TN,
We used one of those old game callers about 20 years ago and within a half hour we called in a coyote and then a red fox after an hour or so. This was one that sounded like a rabbit in distress. I bet you the new technology that yours has will work even better.
Good luck!!
Latt

Re:Merry Christmas!!! 13 years 3 months ago #8226

Latt,

Back in the late 70's early 80's I used to do a lot of trapping and predator calling. We mostly called for grey fox, but occasioinally got bobcat, red fox, yotes (although back then the yotes were scarce around here) not so now days.

Here is a pic from about 1980 of a good nights calling.

Back in those days a grey fox would bring 35-40.00 a nice cat 100.00 and even the lowly possum would bring 4-5.00.

When ever out calling if a possum ever ran across the road in front of us, we would bail out and run him down and well that paid the gas money :-)

TNhunter

Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds

Who's Online

We have 113 guests and no members online

Login