Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: price

price 13 years 6 months ago #5752

• Dirty Nails
  • Dirty Nails's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
This is my first year sengin and I have been told the price per lb could go higher the week after Thanksgiving. Is this true?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:price 13 years 6 months ago #5763

the price around here in wnc tends to go up as the year drags on but it can as so drop as sometimes the market may get flooded its really a gamble but it is one im going to hold out for.

Re:price 13 years 6 months ago #5765

Several diggers from northern States are reporting early die off (shorter than usual digging seasons) this year.

That could be a good thing for the price since it should shorten the supply a bit, increase the demand.

Last year our local buyer started off offering 250.00 mid August, we sold end of October for 380.00 and around Christmas heard it was around 450.00 and when I talked to my buyer a few weeks ago he said the last he sold (end of March 2010) he got 540.00 for.

When I talked to him back Mid August he said he was going to start off at around 300.00 this year, but then today I heard our local buyer is paying 400.00 now and he sells to the guy that we sell to over in another county (which is usually 20-30 bucks higher than our local guy).

It's moving in the right direction - UP :-)

I think I will wait until March this year to sell. If the supply is low / demand high and those big buyers can't get enough of what they want those ending prices could go nice an high.

I hope it works out like that anyway - but there sure is no promise of that - just hope.

Best of Luck to us all !

TNhunter

Re:price 13 years 6 months ago #5768

Tnhunter I will throw a little prayer at it also, maybe that will help the price go up, it cant hurt.lol

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds

Who's Online

We have 489 guests and no members online

Login