2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: stratified seeds

stratified seeds 13 years 7 months ago #4793

hello all , I have picked all my seeds now and have packed them away in the ground in moist sand. I have read different ways to put your seed away. some say take the pulp off and some say you don't need too. so i didn't i just put them in clean sand . will the pulp rot some of the seeds or does it really matter. Im worried about them and don't want them to go bad and do you soak them in Clorox before you plant them . I lost my seeds last year by putting them in sand and in a cool place didnt work they dryed out now i have them in the ground i want to do it right this time they have been in the ground for a few days now thanks bjb

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:stratified seeds 13 years 7 months ago #5223

Sounds good bj,
you don't need to remove the pulp unless you are stratifing alot. (half pound and up)
There are many chemicals you can treat your seeds with but mother nature handles it with out any.
In the ground works best,unless you have alot to loose.

Guy

Re:stratified seeds 13 years 7 months ago #5239

Thanks guy. I checked on them a few days ago and most of all the seeds lost there pulp. They are looking good i hope they make it I was told there might be a seed shortage next year. thanks bjb

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds

Who's Online

We have 426 guests and no members online

Login