2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Heck of a day today

Heck of a day today 3 years 6 months ago #42595

Not a bad day for 2 1/2 hours in the woods this evening. A lot of what I was finding, had already fallen over though.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Heck of a day today 3 years 6 months ago #42596

congrats

Heck of a day today 3 years 6 months ago #42597

Thanks, Chieftan

Heck of a day today 3 years 6 months ago #42599

GREAT looking roots there dobber...

Most I ever dug in a day was 3 lbs 1.5 oz but I probably dug 3-4 times the number of roots you did...

Yours are huge... mine that day were average.

It don't take to long to get to 3 lbs if you are digging a bunch of 1-2-3 oz roots.

Congrats on a outstanding day senging...

TNHunter

Heck of a day today 3 years 6 months ago #42602

Congrats dobbler.. that root with the water bottle is one of the biggest that I’ve ever seen. Was the plant a monster?

Heck of a day today 3 years 6 months ago #42603

Thanks TNHUNTER. I definitely got into some good size roots, no doubt. That's, however, a rarity. I wish it was more the norm, but it's not. I just found a hollow that I truly don't think had ever been hunted before.

Last Edit: by dirtdobber14. Reason: Wrong spelling

Heck of a day today 3 years 6 months ago #42604

It was a monster 4 prong. It was literally, thigh high. I almost overlooked it, because it was so big.

Heck of a day today 3 years 6 months ago #42605

Tell me something fellas. How, are these people legally selling their sang on eBay? I don't understand how they're getting by with it, but they are sure raking in some money. I don't think I'm brave enough to try it, unless there is a legal way to do it.

Heck of a day today 3 years 6 months ago #42609

Dobber... below are some of the rules for the State of TN.. and these vary by state.

• A Ginseng Dealer Permit is required to buy ginseng harvested in Tennessee for resale or to transport across state lines.

• No ginseng may leave the state of Tennessee without an export certificate.

==
Considering those two... you would have to get the seng you were going to sell outside of TN... Certified (I think most Park Rangers can do that, not sure about Game Wardens)...

And in the case of TN... you would have to have a Dealers license (before you could sell out of state) and that used to cost 250.00, not sure about current cost on that.

Also not sure even if you had those two things... if that would be all you would need to sell on Ebay.

Good Luck figuring that out. Do let us know what you do discover.

TNHunter

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.263 seconds

Who's Online

We have 181 guests and no members online

Login