2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Appalachian Outlaws coming back

Appalachian Outlaws coming back 6 years 7 months ago #40242

I was in a McDonalds and Greg Shook walked in. He said Appalachian Outlaws show is coming back on T.V. Greg is one of the diggers feature on the show

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Appalachian Outlaws coming back 6 years 7 months ago #40245

Not sure how I feel about this, on the one hand it was mildly entertaining and is what got me into Ginseng in the first place...On the other it just means more people in the woods trying their "luck". I guess we shall see.

Appalachian Outlaws coming back 6 years 7 months ago #40249

I also have mixed feelings about that show as well. It was entertaining in some ways but so far out there when they try to depict what sangin is really about. A buddy of mine called Coffmans 2 years ago to get a price on what they were paying for sang. My friend actually talked to the owner Tony Coffman. The price he offered was nearly $400/pd less than what was on the show. My buddy questioned him about and his response was "cmon man it's tv". I think that kind of tells you that getting entertainment ratings and not getting the real story about what ginseng hunting is all about is the producers goal. My opinion is that that show has a lot to do with the drop in prices due to everybody thinking they can make a quick buck hunting ginseng. A lot of these new hunters dug everything they found in the woods and flooded the market with immature sang. Just my opinion but anyways I'm counting the days down to the season and we're now only 27 days away. Let's hope everyone has a safe and successful season. God Bless

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds

Who's Online

We have 630 guests and no members online

Login