2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lyme's Disease

Lyme's Disease 6 years 8 months ago #40162

Hey guys wanted to get your opinions and experiences on what you know or heard about Lymes Disease. I caught it last year and found out the hard way that it is for real and nothing to fool with. As all of you know ticks are a big part of hunting ginseng so I thought maybe you guys might want to talk about it on here a little.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Lyme's Disease 6 years 8 months ago #40163

couple of my coonhunting buddies got ,and your right Lymes Disease is nothing to fool around with..

Lyme's Disease 6 years 8 months ago #40165

I must be immune. Otherwise I would be dead by now. Perhaps this is the trade-off to being extremely sensitive to poison ivy.

Lyme's Disease 6 years 8 months ago #40166

Don't mess around with it Archon. I thought I was immune to it too. I've been hunting sang and other roots for more than 30 years and for most of them years I never sprayed down with anything and have bitten by hundreds of ticks and nothing. I honestly didn't believe that the disease was a real concern then one day I had a tick on me and a few days later a rash where the bite was and then a month later could barely walk. Needless to say I spray down pretty heavy now..

Lyme's Disease 6 years 8 months ago #40168

Bad stuff in the past 3 yrs I've had it 4 times. Twice last yr n was only bit 4 times. You don't always get the bulleye rash. I've only had the rash once. I've had tons of different side effects with each case. The first time was the worst for me. I take my time every time I head into the woods no matter what I'm doing. Please be careful out there guys.
Attachments:

Lyme's Disease 6 years 8 months ago #40169

4 times in 3 years?!?!?! Goblet you gotta take care of yourself. I sure hope they come up with a vaccine for it soon. Last year was my first time and hopefully last time that I've had it. We really need to get the awareness out there about it. A lot of people have the symptoms of it and have no idea what's wrong because most cases go undiagnosed for years.

Lyme's Disease 6 years 8 months ago #40171

that sure don't look good Hob.

Lyme's Disease 6 years 8 months ago #40173

That was from last summer chief. It was terrible iched like crazy n at the waist line lasted for three weeks.

Lyme's Disease 6 years 8 months ago #40174

You guys know of any good tick repellent? I've used a lot of them and usually still have ticks crawling on me. Couple of buddies of mine said that the brand Sawyers was really good?

Lyme's Disease 6 years 8 months ago #40175

Get some perimethion "spelling might b wrong." It's for clothes only n lasts for 2 or three washes. Can b found on Amazon or Walmart in camping section blue can. Works great.
Attachments:

Last Edit: by Hobler666shang.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Who's Online

We have 321 guests and no members online

Login