2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ginseng question?????

Ginseng question????? 6 years 11 months ago #39781

This might be a dumb one, but......is ginseng one of those plants that has to be pollinated by a different ginseng plant or is it \"self\" pollinating???? maybe another way to ask it is, if you find only one ginseng plant in the woods, the only one on the entire mountain and it has berries will they grow a plant if you plant them??? All other necessaries being there...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Ginseng question????? 6 years 11 months ago #39784

Yep, those seeds will grow. Ginseng can self-pollinate. They have enclosed the tiny ginseng blossoms in an airtight plastic bag and they will still produce viable seeds.
Hope that helps,
Latt

Re:Ginseng question????? 6 years 11 months ago #39788

Yes sir, that answered my question, thanks!!!!!!

Re:Ginseng question????? 6 years 11 months ago #39796

You ask a very good question. Not only can ginseng self-pollinate, I would say there is no problem in this regard.

I have never found ginseng habitat that does not have ginseng. Other plants, like lopseed and ramps have a limited distribution in my area. I can only speculate that ginseng is fairly successful at colonizing new areas. In other words, even if you find a small population of ginseng that does not mean that it is genetically inbred or inferior. It may simply be a small habitat that cannot support a large population of ginseng.

I would like to know what others think about this subject.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds

Who's Online

We have 233 guests and no members online

Login