2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: current prices

current prices 7 years 10 months ago #38426

Was talking to one of my buyers last night. Said the current ginseng prices were $300-$400/lb with a lot of ginseng still left to be sold. With that being said he did say that he was able to sell all of his and make a little bit of money. Also said that Goldenseal market is looking pretty strong. $22-$27/lb and $5/lb for the tops. May be time to get to digging the yellow stuff here at the end of June?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:current prices 7 years 10 months ago #38427

People/diggers have ginseng to sell this time of year? :unsure:

Guess I'm not sure what you are saying. Are you talking buyers selling on the retail market, when you say, \" with a lot of ginseng still left to be sold.\"?

Re:current prices 7 years 10 months ago #38428

The harvest season for wild ginseng in Tennessee is September 1 - December 31.

The buying season is from September 1 - March 31.

You can't actually buy or sell TN Ginseng after March 31... until the season opens again on Sept 1.

Not sure what the laws are in other States on this.

One of my local buyers has told me that the Chinese that buy from him really push to get all they are going to get by Mid December. They like to get it bought and back to China in time for the Chinese new year celebration. He says it is rare for them to show any interest in buying after about Christmas time.

TNHunter

Re:current prices 7 years 10 months ago #38429

TNhunter wrote:

One of my local buyers has told me that the Chinese that buy from him really push to get all they are going to get by Mid December. They like to get it bought and back to China in time for the Chinese new year celebration. He says it is rare for them to show any interest in buying after about Christmas time.

TNHunter

........same here.....

Re:current prices 7 years 10 months ago #38430

jwilks wrote:

Was talking to one of my buyers last night. Said the current ginseng prices were $300-$400/lb with a lot of ginseng still left to be sold. With that being said he did say that he was able to sell all of his and make a little bit of money. Also said that Goldenseal market is looking pretty strong. $22-$27/lb and $5/lb for the tops. May be time to get to digging the yellow stuff here at the end of June?

Ginseng prices would be on what buyers still had that was certified and can be sold anytime or a 2015 season weight receipt that has to be kept over to this coming season. Dealers got stuck with some this year. NOT GOOD !

Re:current prices 7 years 10 months ago #38431

hope they get it sold up before this season opens......

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds

Who's Online

We have 87 guests and no members online

Login